S1E7: Not My Fight Pt. 2/3

"Ain't squeal when the polices took me, fresh to death in Central booking..."

- Kevin Gates 'Get Up On My Level'

-

    I had to fix this before someone got hurt. Again.

    Packing a bag, I called Alex on my burner phone to tell him to meet me at the airport when I landed. I needed to lure Jason away and hopefully move this away from Charming. There was no way I was going to give my dad and his club hell for something I had brought upon myself.

    "Where you going?", Mickey asked with her little pup in her hands.

    "I'm not leaving for good again, Mick, if that's what you were thinking. Can I get you to keep quiet about this until I'm gone?"

    Mickey shrugged. I could tell she was angry with me for something. But I couldn't please her and pretend like my life was rainbows and fairy tales when my killer stalker wanted to put my friends and family in harm's way.

    "That's what you said the last time, Stasi. But it's cool, right? You don't love us enough to stay."

    "Don't tell me what I feel. You think it's easy being me, don't you? I can't sit here and be like you. I can't let my life be a bunch of what ifs, Michaela. If I had stayed the first time, then I would have hated myself for not at least trying to do something or see something that I've never done before," I pulled my leather jacket on and swiped a few tears that were falling for several different reasons. One, I didn't know if I was coming back. Two, I was tired of saying goodbye to her. And three, I just don't trust myself to stay in Charming with Jax when there was a world out there that I felt like knowing. "And I never once made you believe that I didn't love you, Mick. But if you really feel that way...."

    She rushed to hug me and buried her face into my shoulder being that she was taller than me, I had to usually look up at her most of the time. Her heart was in the right place but she didn't have to make me feel low every time I packed a bag.

    "I don't want to lose you.... ever, Stasi. You're my big sister plus who is going to take me to Paris for my twenty first birthday," she laughed through her tears and that made me cry even more.

    "Looking forward to it. Um, why don't you come? Get away from Charming for a minute," I shrugged not really caring if she came along or not. She needed a break from this town to see how life was past it. "Oh my gosh! I'm going to pack right now. Hey, can we bring Jacey and Bayleigh too? No.... Okay, well, I'mma go pack quickly," her puppy just stared up at her with those big brown eyes as I shook my head.

    After packing my trunk, I waited for Mickey to hurry up.

    "Not leaving without me," I groaned as I noticed Bayleigh carrying her own duffel bag. "Plus it will make a better excuse if you say this was a girl's trip."

    Not only was Bayleigh all packed up and ready to go but she had Jacey right next to her looking chill. She looked up from her phone for two seconds to smile and wave at me. I just let them get into my car which was more of a masculine car than feminine. Mickey complained wanting me to take her car but I just gave her a look and she quieted down.

    "So where we going?"

    "To Miami, duh?"

    "Why we going there?", Bayleigh questioned holding up her cell phone and checking her hair and make-up.

    "If y'all coming then y'all need to keep your mouths shut until we get on the jet. Then go crazy...."

    For the rest of the drive, I got silence except for the music that Bayleigh and Mickey were playing on the radio. We pulled up to the airport and men in suits grabbed our bags out of my trunk. I cut off my phone and decided to just rest for the entire flight because I needed to end this as soon as possible.

    "This plane is amazing! Look I got champagne and strawberries and that stuff Mom eats when she's stressed. I, um, I think that's caviar and it's actually pretty good," Michaela hopped around as she settled in her booth. I rolled my eyes and pulled on a pair of Beats headphones to drown them out.

    The plane ride was relaxing for me. I took a five hour nap, woke up and ate some lunch, before I decided to restart my phone and call Alex to check up on him. My nerves were everywhere when I heard Alex talk about getting the guys to run out and do the job.

    Our guys, TJ and X, were always there for us during times like this. They were actually professional hired guns for mafia men or political faces that didn't want to sully their hands with the blood of others. He taught her how to fight and kill like a pro but she never needed those skills until now.

    "We'll be landing. Meet us at the beach house before nightfall, Alex. Bring Blue..."

-
Episode Change
-

S1E7: Not My Fight Pt. 3

"Cause baby now we got bad blood. You know it used to be mad love."

- Taylor Swift "Bad Blood"

    Alex engulfed me in a hug once we entered the beach house. I grinned widely as he lifted me off the ground. He smelled like he'd been smoking meats and eating mango.

   "Missed you, little Squirrel."

    "Don't call me that, Alexis," I teased once he let me down.

    I introduced him to all of the girls and he tried to he more charming than he ever was with me when we first met. He especially focused on my sister but I told him to keep his hands off. His reputation with women made me want to warn all of them away from him.

    "He's cute," Mickey whispered in my ear.

    "And he has two baby mamas and if you looking to be his third, I'm going to kill the both of you," I retaliated before looking around for my little "nephew" Blue.

    All of the girls were cooing over him but he jumped into Mickey's arm cause they knew each other from the last time we met up. She let him play with her tablet and they talked about his favorite characters.

    Bayleigh and Jacey decided to go out to the beach and get into the water. I promised to follow them later but pulled Alex upstairs to talk for right now.

    "I want to kill him for breaking the restraining order."

    "It's nothing. He didn't hurt me."

    "He could have."

    "But he didn't."

    "But he could have, Stasi. Stop playing with your life. The first time was stupid and this time you aren't going to do it," Alex started to argue at me and his face turned red with anger. I rolled my eyes despite the happiness that I felt when he spoke those words of protectiveness. He loved me just as much as I loved him but we were in two different times of our lives. "Just stay safe this time and let me and X handle this for you. Your mom's scared, your family needs you, I need you...  So just let me do what I have to do to make him stop bothering you."

    "As long as you don't kill anyone, Alex. It's not enough that I have one guy I love getting into trouble but you, Alex you know, I can't lose you."

    Alex just held onto me with his hands massaging my scalp just the way I like it. I buried my face in his chest and just let him hold me. The worry and frustration made both of us scared but I can't sit here and let him focus on me when he had a family to take care of.

    "Everything's going to be okay, Squirrel."