S1E5: Falling Stars Pt. 1

Charlie Hunnam --->

S1E5: Falling Stars Pt. 1

"Wish I could desperately love like I'm longing to. I wanna run with the wild horse, run with the wild horses...."

-Natasha Bedingfield 'Wild Horses'

-

Yes, freedom!

The wind flowing through my hair as I rode bareback made me smile widely uncontrollably. I missed this. This feeling that kept me wishing that I could ride forever.

Right after the hospital visit, Jax had to leave for a run to Nevada placing everyone under lockdown for the moment. I went home just as Gemma pulled in giving me her signature glare. They'd be gone for three or five days and I took that as a time to get myself back on track.

I finally reached the edge of the estate and Raven, the horse in the darkest shade of black, reared a bit. He was frightened. I tried to figure out why.

The sound of a gun in the distance made Raven buck some more. I tried to soothe him with a calm touch and soft cooing in his ear but he was truly spooked.

"Calm, boy. I got you... I got you..."

The noise got louder and he reared back so far that I fell from his back, my hand having just gripped his mane. To avoid falling and hurting my back, I tried to land on my side but when I did that I heard a crunching noise. My ankle felt swollen and my leg felt tense.

Raven ran off in the opposite direction as I cradled my injured leg.

Retrieving my cell phone from inside my riding boots, I tried to breathe as I quickly pressed the buttons to call my sister. She answered on the second ring sounding high.

"What's up, sis?"

"Are you home?"

"I'm at Jace's. She's teaching me how to- You can't wear that. Gemma's going to turn you into a crow eater. Sis, are you still there?"

"I'm hurt. Raven threw me off and I'm pretty sure my ankle and leg are broken. Can you get someone here to help me? I'm on the far east side of the property almost to the Wahewa land."

"I'm on my way. I'll alert Mom and Dad, but I'm there. Jace and I are finishing up right now."

"Thanks, Mick. I'll see you soon," I managed to get out ad my breathing began to become more erratic. My heart beating quickly as I sort of panicked.

-

My Dad lifted me on the back of the wagon connected to his 4x4. The back was padded with soft cushion and one of my dad's furs. I laid my head on the cushion as I grew more and more lightheaded from the pain. He had taken the time to see what the real problem was but after my clawing at his arm, he lifted me bridal style and laid me in the wagon.