S1E8: Living Ain't Simple Pt. 1

↑ India Westbrooks aka Stasi ↑

S1E8: Living Ain't Simple Pt. 1

"There's only one thing left for us to do, you can touch me with them slow hands, speed it, baby make me sweat..."

- Demi Lovato 'Body Say'

-

     I rolled over and smiled when I saw Blue being cuddled by Mickey who slept in the bed with me the night before. They were tangled into each other, his curly hair splayed all over the pillow and hers hidden by a cheetah print scarf. I reached over and traced the lids of Blue's eyes and then trailed my fingers across Mickey's nose.

    "Sweetest picture ever, right?", Bayleigh whispered as she stood at the door.

    I nodded. She gestured to her cup of coffee and pointed over her shoulder to get me out of the bed. I shifted over careful not to wake the both of them before slipping on my pants that I had taken off.

    "Girl, you looking fine."

    "Thank you, boo boo."

    We walked down the stairs and I ignored the fact that I needed to refresh. My hair was in a rat's nest, my breath probably smelled like tequila and whiskey, and I don't even think I jumped in the shower after our night at the beach.

    "Alex up?", I asked after I poured my coffee and sat at the kitchen breakfast bar. Bayleigh lifted a brow and then shrugged. "What's on your mind, Barbie?", my elbow dug into her side until she squealed and started laughing.

    "He left earlier. Said something about supplies... I didn't think it meant nothing so I just started on the coffee and decided to wait until you guys woke to see what you wanted for breakfast."

    "I'll cook it. Mama taught me lots."

    "You can teach me how to make those amazing crêpes your mama make every time I eat breakfast at your house," Bay hopped up and went to the fridge to check on all the ingredients in there.

    By the time we finished, Jacey had showered and dressed for another day out on the beach, Mickey and Blue were watching cartoons in the family room, and I showed Bayleigh how to cook the perfect strawberry cream crêpes.

    "Ready for another day out in the sun?", Bay asked me.

    I shook my head. The rest of this trip would be focused on my main purpose of coming. Not on making this a vacation.

    "I'm going to call Alex and you girls just enjoy this time off."

    "You should enjoy it as well. I know you need the break," Mickey turned around to stare me down as I forked my food while unlocking my phone.

    "I'll get a break when there isn't a ghost standing in my shadow."

-

     Alex stood next to a steel chair with a dark look in his eyes. I rushed to his side and asked him if he was okay. He nodded before wrapping his arms around my waist.