S1E12: What If

S1E12: What If Pt. 3

I struggled with the knowledge that someone would actually kill Donna in cold blood.

My knees gave out as I saw Opie, broken and shattered, holding his dead wife as she lie in the road. Bayleigh dropped beside me stroking my hair and whispering words of comfort. I couldn't see or hear anything besides the horrific scene and the heart wrenching cries of Opie.

"She did this," I whispered. Bay gave me a look and told me to remain calm. She knew about my suspicion of the ATF agents trying to set up Opie to look like a rat. Now we both knew that one of the club either ordered the hit or it was from inside the club.

"We need to leave," Bay hauled me away after telling Mickey and Jace we were headed to her house. They were right behind us.

Once we got to Bayleigh's apartment, I just fell onto the couch and she went on this rampage. I knew that if there was any possibility that Donna was alive, she'd be down at the hospital trying to save her life.

"She fucking set that family up to get hurt and now look at this!"

"We can't just blame her. She's pushing them but they should have been strong enough to stick the fuck together and tell each other this shit! Happy told me that Opie was being looked at but he said that they were keeping close watch. Nothing this drastic," Jace snapped, her hazel eyes blazing with anger and sadness as she entered Bay's apartment.

All of us had gotten close to the woman and her kids so this was so difficult for us to take in.

"Maybe we should just see what happens next?", Mickey sounded so sad and broken that I had to rush over and hug her.

"No, Mick. If this were Mommy or Daddy then we'd find who did this and kill them. Or at least I would... You have got to be strong, baby girl. All of us need to find out as much as possible. Get Juice to talk. Jace already has Happy pouring info into her ear. Bay, I need you to keep David on a tight leash but let him get the guys talking."

"How's he going to do that? Jax and the gang don't bother with him at all," Bay grabbed a bottle of wine and handed out glasses to the girls.

"Yes. Jax will.... I'll push him in Dave's direction but you make sure he doesn't overstep. We need more info on who ordered the hit and who assassinated Donna. I want their heads on a stick."

"Here, here," they all said clinking our glasses filled with wine together.

It was just a matter of time before all of our worlds spiraled out of  control for better or worse.

-

A week passed with eveyone mourning, I got a call from Jax and I headed to the cemetery where he would come to talk to his Dad or just light up. I left Abel with my Mom and went to meet him.

Finding him with a bruised face and a blunt in hand wasn't anything new but I still felt concern as I grabbed his face and pressed a kiss to each of his wounds.

"Are you okay, babe?"

"I'm dealing. This shit with the club..."

"Stop telling me that, Jax. Stop saying that because it's with Charming. That club makes one wrong move, it does not just affect the club. People loved Donna. I don't even want to think about what happened but-"

"I'm handling it."

I scoffed taking the blunt and getting a deep lungful. Taking a slow exhale, I turned my face up to the sky.

"Have you talked to anyone? Gemma? Clay? Unser?"

"No one needs to know. I can handle this within the club."

"So, it's in the inside. Jax, you can't! You can't handle anything that has to do with your club because you are biased. You need outside help."

"I'm not disloyal!", he yelled.

I hugged him from behind as he smoked his weed. He ranted while I listened brushing my fingers through his long, blonde hair. I just wanted to be there for him whatever he decided to do but I knew Jax wouldn't be able to pull the trigger and if he did, it would change him forever.

"Baby, don't do this..."

"Opie's my best friend. Those kids are my godchildren."

"Jax, I love you. I promise, I swear, I will give you my heart if you asked me to. I want you to be happy. Jax, I will be here for you."

"Stay with me, Stasi."

I smiled pressing a kiss to his neck and unwrapped my arms from around his waist to grab up the bottle of Jack he had hidden in a brown paper bag on the ground.

"I got you, baby."

We talked, joked, and laughed for hours on end just drinking until Jax fell back and I joined him lying in his chest.

It must have been six in the morning when I woke up and noticed that Jax was still snoring, but we were under a blanket. Some time in the night, Jax had given me his hoodie so I felt a little overheated. I sat up and ran a hand over Jax's bruised face before leaning over and pressing a kiss to his lips.

A woman sitting down rubbing her arms made me pull off Jax's hoodie and give it to her.

"He's a beautiful man", she gestured to where Jax was out cold.

"That he is. Um, I didn't bring my wallet but I have a couple of bucks if you need some breakfast," I went through my pockets and pulled out two twenties to give to her.

"Thanks."

"Wait, I know that you need this more than we do."

I woke Jax up and got him to give the lady his blanket. She thanked him with a warm smile. We sat and talked with her for a minute and it must have been too late because the funeral party started to arrive making us glance over.

I went into my trunk and grabbed the first aid kit to wipe off the blood and bandage Jax up.

"My kutte..."

"Don't worry, Jax. She'll know you were there."

We walked over hand in hand and I caught Gemma's eye. She knew that I knew something and I could tell she wasn't in the dark neither.

"When this is over, let's go home to your son."

He nodded pressing a kiss to my lips and Juice walked over with Jax's kutte giving him a pat on the shoulder. I smiled sadly at the Hispanic man and turned back to help Jax pull on his kutte.

Jax and I grabbed a flower placing it upon Donna's casket and stepping back to give Opie a look before he pulled me away from the funeral party. I waved goodbye to Mickey and Jace as they sat holding the hand of their Son. Bay stood in the back and came behind us wrapping and arm around my waist instantly making me feel so much better.

"I know you know something. And I know your Pops knew something as well. This might be the thing that starts the beginning," Piney spoke up behind us as we stared down at John Teller's grave.

He held out a manila folder.

I grasped the folder giving him a look of question but he just shook his head and pointed at Jax.

Jax understood.