S1E11:Hurt Feelings Pt. 2

S1E11: Hurt Feelings Pt. 2

"Going to make me feel guilty for speaking my mind, Daddy?", I said as I used a spoon to stir the hot chocolate that I had quickly fixed as soon as I got in the house after feeling how cold it was. "Cause it's not going to work."

"Not what I was going for, darlin'. You need to understand that your Mom would never do anything if it didn't need her utmost attention."

"So she told you?", I asked referring to the Russians that my Mom was up against because of her being the Queen of her parents' Mafia.

"We have a no secrets policy."

I blew on my hot cocoa and sat down on a bar stool.

"I know, Dad. But Mickey deserves to know something. She'll flip if she doesn't hear nothing and Mom is leaving her with nothing."

"You know I can't go against your mother on this one."

I nodded in understanding.

My Dad sat down beside me and I weaved my arms around his before lying my head against his shoulder. He placed a hand on my head and I sighed in happiness.

"Your Mom says your cousin Shy has postponed the trip down until next month."

"Okay," I mumbled knowing that I couldn't stop it from happening but also understanding that I had time to find something for her to do when she came. "You feel so good."

"You're freezing, babe, and it's about 80 degrees in here. What ya been in a freezer?", my Dad's thick Irish accent seeped into his concerned tone and I leaned up to look at him.

"I'm fine," I forced a smile before taking my cup of cocoa and hopping down from the stool.

"Your Jax is going to have to come see your Mom and me for a proper sit down."

"Alright, Dad. I'm headed upstairs."

"See ya in the morning, love."

Once I settled into my bed, I grabbed my laptop and started doing some work for the store.

"I see I'm not being much of a mother these days," my Mom's voice made me glance up in surprise.

I shrugged typing away an email to a manufacturer before pulling up some forms for a casting call for models.

"It's nothing, Mom. I'm not in that mood anymore so you don't have to fix anything at the moment."

"Yes, I do, Nastasia. I don't ever want you or your sister to feel like I didn't do my best or that I neglected you."

"I'm a big girl, Mom. I can handle it."

She sat at the edge of my bed and pushed down my laptop making me shake my head and give her the attention she craved.

"It's never going to be over unless I end it. You, me, and your Dad know best that you gotta finish what you started."

I nodded.

"And if you get hurt in the process..."

"I'm not going to get hurt, Stasi. I have men and women that can do this for me but I also know what it's like to be on the front line when your Boss is somewhere safe. When this is all over, we can take a vacation. Just me, you, Mickey, and Dad."

"We'll see."

-

I finished stocking my shelves and felt arms wrap around me from behind. I nearly squealed in surprise when I felt lips at my ear and then someone whispered something very naughty into my ear.