Black Magic

Jason stopped when he saw a blue glow. He removed his phone from his ear and stalked forward.

A bright fire waved in his palm. His bronze eyes narrowed at his surroundings, the flame reflected in his clear orbs.

Dark trees loomed in long lines, shadows that were once casted upon him vanished when his fire passed by. Not far from where he stood, he saw a figure, lying on the snow.

"Eira..." Jason breathed. He walked over quickly and felt for her pulse.

It's weak.

He gently moved pieces of her hair away from her eyes. His fingers scrapping past her snow white face. Even while she was unconscious, she looked distressed.

His glance shifted down to her hands and bare fingers. He closed his eyes, exasperated. He knew it was bound to happen.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, he shook her. "Eira, can you hear me?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

A familiar voice rang in his ears and he slowly stood up.

His concern hidden beneath his burning anger, he inhaled a deep but shaky breath. Jason was usually a collected person, but with Eira hurt and him to face, it was extremely hard to remain calm.

A slither and a blink of an eye, Jason turned around and sent a fire ball flying into the sky.

The fire soared in the air, illuminating the environment and the head of a red-eyed snake.

The snake shrieked as the fire penetrated it's body. It's hole of a wound spread and broke. The magic scattered like dust.

Gripping his hand into a ball, Jason ignited another fire in his hands and prepared for his battle.

The darkness gathered like a spinning storm.

The wind howled near Jason's ear as he waited.

The hooded boy emerged from the tides of the black sand. They retreated into the atmosphere with a flick of his hand.

The wind swayed Jason's torch flame, floating in the air between them. There was an unstable energy between the two boys.

The hood of the boy covered his eyes, only his mouth was visible. His lips curled into a sly smirk. He took one step... and another, testing the boundaries.

"Jason, how's life?"

Jason narrowed his eyes. He was within arm's reach.

"Not as good." Jason's voice was stern. "Since you've been trying your best to mess it up."

The boy stifled a laugh. "I was good, wasn't I?"

Jason clenched his jaw and glanced over at Eira, her arm draped over her body. He sensed her dim flame quiver and his body almost shook. The fire seemed so delicate, one little blow could easily end Eira's life.

Jason adverted his gaze to his friend's lowered head. He was getting impatient.

"Luke, stop it."

"Why should I?" Luke lifted his head, his midnight orbs penetrating Jason's. The shadow of his hood fell under his eyes. "Don't you remember what you did?"

Jason's gaze softened. He realised that what he felt was more pain than anger. He let out a breath. "You abandoned me."

"And you betrayed me!" Luke's hood fell off his head.