Punishment

The crowds' murmur can only be heard slightly

The crowds' murmur can only be heard slightly. Eira's beating heart took over everything else, every living sound was surrounded with a rapid and constant thump.

The game hadn't even started yet she was breathless.

She studied him with narrowed eyes.

The timer counted down the seconds, the seconds left for Eira to catch her breath.

You're okay. You're okay.

Eira focused. She felt her powers tingling at her fingertips. She gave them a wiggle.

"Eira."

Eira almost forgot her earpiece was still in her ears, but she heard that familiar voice. His voice.

"I know I said mean things about your abilities. The truth is... you are great. This is not a lie."

The familiar robotic sound announced their start.

3...

"I want you to trust in yourself..."

2...

"... and all the hard work you put in."

1...

Trust in yourself.

Eira's eyes glistened in a bright colour. Her feet shifted into position, her gaze locked on the target.

Begin!

Eira watched as Ross charged forwards. She skated to the side.

He was a hasty one.

"He's bad at his kicks," Jason's advice rang in her ears.

She took note of that.

With a flip, she created an ice barrier between them, and she was on the other side.

She knew that Ross was caught off guard, but her ice barrier didn't stop him.

The blue opaque layer was broken as he penetrated through.

His blue fire, threatening to turn into a orange, pivoted in his hands.

"Don't be scared, dodging won't work," Ross slipped on a smirk.