The Dying Swan

The sound of swans, the orchestra almost like the flutter of birds

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The sound of swans, the orchestra almost like the flutter of birds.

Eira entered the gym, perplexed that the familiar music would resonate here. It was not the setting.

When she entered, there was a man. He wore t-shirt and dark jeans, a jacket swung on his shoulder as he swayed gently with the music.

Eira frowned, "hello?"

The man turned, as surprised as she, and looked back down at his phone to turn off the music.

"Oh! You must be Eira."

"I am. You are?"

"Evans. Phoenixia's once coach." He bowed gracefully, one arm extending. Then, he straightened, a grin plastered on his face as he threw his jacket aside.

"You're listening to Swan Lake." Eira approached warily. She set her gym bag on the side benches, her shoes giving a sharp squeak as she turned to face him.

"Yes, this bit..." he moved his fingers. Eira watched with a slight awe. At this lanky man. Finally, his eyes shone in a different light when he found what he was looking for. "See? This is one of my favourite scenes in the ballet."

Curious, Eira listened.

"32 fouettés." He added.

"Uh, what does that mean?"

"The black swan, Odile, is trying to seduce the prince. Convincing him that she is Odette. The ballerina performs the amazing spin. They spin 32 times, non-stop."

Eira's mouth left a gap, "wow. That'd be amazing to see."

"Amazing indeed. I saw it myself at the theatres."

"But why spin so many times?" Eira shrugged off her black jacket. She closed her fist around her ponytail, giving it a quick smooth.

"To be beautifully distractingly. Only when you distract that you'll be able to trick."

Eira felt a small clench in her throat, but she laughed. "Yes, that's cunning."

"Very!" He said passionately, clapping his hands together. "It also shows that she is surreal and dishonest. It's all magic and show..."

Eira stood awkwardly. "Where are the others?"

Suddenly, the gym door opened. The strike of copper hair and matching eyes unmistakable.

Jason was wearing his sports gear, in shades of dark grey and a strike of red detailing at the edges of his hoodie and shoes. His gaze flicked up, and surprise washed over his face.

"Jason! Greetings to you." Evans executed a respectful nod. Jason did the same back, his eyes landing on Eira. Blank, but something told Eira that he had grew tense in Evan's presence.