Escape

It came in a blur

It came in a blur.

Eira was engulfed in a white light, it stung her eyes and the warmth was too much.

The next time she opened her eyes, she felt like she had just woken up. Except, it wasn't morning, nor was it in the comforts of her bed. There was that annoyingly suffocating heat, a tightness in her chest that forced a cough out of her lungs.

Her skin felt hot to touch and when she looked, the room was in a furious colour of red. She tried to move, there was a weight-

She froze as Jason's hand slipped from her abdomen.

"Jason?" She quaked, her head swaying. She crawled closer to him, rested her hand on his arm but his eyes remained closed. She shook him, but his body only swayed lifelessly.

"Shoot!" Eira cursed. "Don't do this! Please!"

"Shoot indeed."

Eira snapped her head to the voice, fury in her eyes. Eden stood calmly, unaffected by the elements around her. It was burning. They were burning in it. It was a fiery furnace.

"How annoying is it that you guys killed off our explosive man," Eden continued, "now we have to find someone else."

"What are you talking about?" Eira frowned, she slowly rose from the ground. "You monster. Look what you've done."

"It's not my doing, Eira," Eden said, her voice apathetic, but there was a smile that clawed on. "It was in him all along-"

Eira threw up her hands, the ice grew with a rage that was unseen before. Eira didn't care, and she didn't bother controlling it.

There was a dangerous, reckless, indifference in her aim and movement. She released them, and the frost willingly leaped forward at Eden.

Eden was unprepared, her green eyes had rounded. She bent and took a step back, and watched as Eira's ice blasted the ground before her.

The ice grew like glaciers and the fire around them was growing weak. Eira heard the structure groan, she was pushing too hard. Eden escaped through the gaps, slipping out like a fox.

Eira pulled back her powers, the ice melting to water. Unguarded, she recoiled when she saw someone enter the view.

They wore a hood, a long dark cape that covered every part of their body. The fire didn't affect them, the ice didn't affect them.

Eira witnessed a gloved hand, a black feather dangled from it as an accessory. A thousand birds fluttered from the floor and Eira's ice powers couldn't hold them back. Soon, they surrounded her and Eira felt herself sinking like quicksand.

Eira was screaming, but she couldn't hear her voice. No one else could in the endless darkness. She was shouting into the void.

She felt around and realised she could stand, so she stood. She stretched out her hand, but her fingers felt nothing.