Memories

Eira left the printing centre, stalking the hallways bustling with students

Eira left the printing centre, stalking the hallways bustling with students. She swiftly weaved through them; a small fish swimming against the currents. As she made it outside, the wind playfully whipped her scarf behind her.

She held her chemistry report, still warm from the printer heat, and made her way to the science building located on the opposite side.

Training, assignments and exams... Eira was not going to slack off again. She was handing in her assignment early. She had to meet the balance right. She will meet the balance right. She's Eira, that was what was expected of her; that was what everyone expected of her.

If the other Ryders can do it, I can too.

The door was in her sight, her feet paced quicker.

Splat!

Eira recoiled in shock. Her powers rippled through her, surprised by the familiar particles hitting her body.

She spun her head to the side.

Dorian held his, now empty, drink bottle. His friends' snickers evolved into clapping and laughing.

Eira examined to her chemistry report. Intact.

She had shielded her papers with her body. Her new sweater was half-soaked in his... drinking water.

Eira wanted to gag.

"Go to hell." Eira hissed, her voice dangerously cold.

From Dorian's green eyes, he seemed alarmed, but attempted a grin.

Her eyes straightened. She repeated, louder this time. "Go to hell!"

Dorian wanted to shrink but stayed where he was. Eira presumed it was for his egos sake. Besides, his friends were watching. No doubt, it was his friends pressure that brought him down to it. Dorian simply didn't have the guts alone.

"Eira's mad!" One of the boys shrieked exaggeratingly.

Eira turned to face them in full, her chemistry report guarded behind her. "I'm livid! What do you all think you're doing?"

"Dorian said you have a secret."

Eira stilled, but recovered. "Oh yeah?" She purposely directed her glare at Dorian. "What's that?"

"We used water to test it on you, so what do you think?" Dorian raised his water bottle and inched back.

One friend gave him a pat on the back, and they all began to turn.

"Wait, explain yourselves."

They giggled and began to jog.

"What are you talking about?"

They ran out of sight, their voices and murmurs fading. Eira debated whether she should chase after them, but chasing after them was simply not her character; it would show signs of desperation.