Tears and lies

I fell asleep onto my marble block.

All I could think of was my marriage with this prince Dhiraj

All I could think of was my marriage with this prince Dhiraj. Maybe I should tell him the truth and he'll help me. I would find him today and talk to him. He seemed to always look at me whenever we were in the same room. 2 days had passed and we were nearing the marriage date. Ashok's protectiveness of me created a sense of desperation to be near him. I could not face him with the memory of my marriage. There was a guard shouting outside. "RAJA BINDUSAR IS ARRIVING!" I quickly pulled my dupatta over my shoulder. "Allow him to enter." I said miserably. I wondered why bindusar was here.
"Greetings, Kaurvaki."
I smiled.
"Congratulations on your marriage. I have selected a very brave husband for a girl like you. He just about matches your courageousness!" He chuckled.
"Samrat (ruler), is Ashok going to be attending my marriage?"
His huge smile faded to a small, regretful smile. "No, my dear. Ever since the exile we have not been talking to each other. His mother brought him back to the palace. He is still angry at me for misunderstanding him."
"Maybe you should try and talk to him, Samrat."
"I don't know how to face him. I misunderstood him greatly,"
My knees went weak.
"Ashok is busy attending to his mother's psychological wounds."
This made me feel disheartened. I wanted to see him.
"It would have been nice to see him before my marriage, Samrat."
"Jagathnath shall not want him in his palace."
"I'll try and convince him and....."
"No my dear, it will make it worse. Leave things as they are." He left my chamber.
I had to do something to resolve the differences between him and my father.