Blood

"Rajmata where is Sushim?" I asked Helena hurriedly.

She just stared at me for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. After the awkward silence, she began her broken speech.

"Oh, err - I can't seem to find him either. Well, he'll be here somewhere." She looked around and left me amidst the dancers all alone.

I blinked a few times, trying to understand the situation. Most of my recent days were spent in worrying, searching or being upset. Ahankara's depression really was contagious.

I decided to keep a smile on my face. How bad can it be? As long as she's in the palace nothing can happen to her.

But I was wrong.

"ARGHHHHHHH!" A ear piercing scream came from somewhere in the north west part of the palace.

My head jerked up in the direction of it and I gulped, not really knowing how to react.

"Kaurvaki, you're imagining things. Stop." I closed my eyes and began walking again when I heard it again.

This time is was excruciatingly fierce and gave me goosebumps on my skin.

Like a cat, I sprawled across the area in fright, trying to find Ashok.

"ASHOK?! ASHOK PLEASE - WHERE ARE YOU?"

I whispered, not trying to give my plan away.

In a haste, I ran over a few pieces of broken glass. I didn't even feel the sharpness prick the softness of the bottom of my feet, until I realized I had been leaving a trail of blood on the mat.

I stopped and looked at the glass. It definitely wasn't from anything near. The windows were fine, the flower vases were fine. I bent down and picked one up in my fingers.

My hand was shivering as I handled it carefully, observing the glisten in detail.

My confused brows straightened up in realization.

It was a ring.

I left the pieces as they were, not even taking a glimpse of my wounded feet and ran off, holding up my trailing lehenga.

"Ashok!? Ashok!" I ran into my room and I was crying, with tears cascading down my cheeks.

"Kaurvaki!??? What on earth???" He sat up from his war strategy planning model and cupped his hand around my cheek in sheer worry.

He tried to nod his head and calm me down but my breaths were heavy and I found myself unable to explain.

"T-t-t-here....." I pointed behind me, my hand shivering around.

Ashok looked around me but didn't get what I was trying to say. He looked at my suspiciously and ran off, leaving me breaking down in tears.

I sniffed and followed him.

Ashok went straight up to Ahankara's room and realized it was locked. He rested his head on the door and tried to listen out for any more screams.

My run came to a halt and I stopped a few metres behind him, watching in anticipation.

"ARFKKSKSDX....." a blood thirsty scream came from behind and a cold laugh followed after.

Ashok's eyes widened and he had an idea.

He left me and I followed him to the balcony from where he lassoed the rope and climbed up using his unimaginable strength.

I watched in awe as I had struggled so much with this task when I did it.