A Colourful Kiss

My color-filled hands were still gripping her shoulders tightly, spreading the purple and red combination over her white material.

She looked stunned. Her eyes and mine had probably never been so close before. Although I always broke the eye contact first, today I stared back longingly.

And so did she.

The poignant look across her face seemed to have gone, as she looked up to my face almost as if she was expecting something from me.

I realised my hands were still on her. I was still touching her.

I didn't care.

I pressed deeper into her shoulders with my hands.

Surprisingly, she clutched both my hands and pushed them gently off her.

We both looked at each other in silence.

To my discreet satisfaction, she picked up a handful of color at a slow pace, and took two steps towards me.

My heart beat sped up, noticing how little distance there was between us.

Her chest is now touching mine, and I cannot bear to lose sight of her at this precious moment.

Still not breaking eye contact with me, she takes my hand dangling by my side, and tips a handful of purple colour into it. She holds the bottom of my hand, and leads it over to her stomach. Her eyes are still locked into mine.

Holding my hand, she glides it gently across her own stomach, leaving a trail of purple on it. My mouth is hanging in surprise yet enjoyment. I know this is wrong. I shouldn't be doing this.

An overwhelming sense of guilt rushes across me, and I pull back my hand from her stomach and take a few steps back to create some distance. I look away from her eyes, and look down at the purple streak I had painted on her.

I cannot be doing this with my brother's fiancé. I can't. I shouldn't.

She seems to be empathetic for me. And she looks away with a gentle smile.

Her eyes meet mine again, and this time I can't take them off her.

She advances towards me again, with a handful of colour, and runs her hand down my face. From the top of my ear, right down to my mouth. She runs a finger across my lips and my mouth is still hanging in astonishment.

Her face is calm.

She follows the sight of her own finger down my face.

💕

"Mother have you seen Krishna Bhrata anywhere?" Dhruv asks Kaurvaki. "He was trying to find me."

"No dear. I have not. Have you checked the courtyard completely? He must be somewhere here." She replies.

"Yes." I respond, looking around me once again.

"I'll check the Grand Hall." Kaurvaki says, handing Dhruv the platter of colour.

💕

The light reflected from the large windows of the grand hall, and bounced off Rukhsana's earrings.

She began spreading colour slowly down my chest.

"Rukhsana, you can't be doing this - what w..."

"Sshh." She says almost in a whisper.

Her sensuous voice is trying to ask me something, however I do not want to know what she wants of me as I fear it will be too regretful.

As much as I want to embrace her, to touch her, to feel her, I have to realize she is not mine.

Her lips are now approaching mine, and she rubs her cheek across mine, causing colour to wipe onto hers while running her hands across my back.

Suddenly we both intertwine, and a rush of emotions come over us both. I don't know what it is, but we decide not to hesitate anymore.

Our lips lock into a ferocious twirl. I push I her against a pillar and my crinkled forehead touches against hers as my mouth presses onto hers.

My lips stop moving, and we open our eyes and look into each other's face. I breathe a sigh of relief, almost like a huge burden is released. She dives into my arms and embraces me. The warmth of her skin sends electricity around me and I smile, running my hands over her back again.

I glance around while smiling, and notice a figure at the doorway.

My smile fades and my eyes seem to freeze in their sockets.

I push back Rukhsana gently.

Mother is standing, watching us, her eyes filled with tears.

"Mother." I barely manage to say above a whisper.

She had seen us.

She had seen everything.