The guest

Every day I looked through my window to see guests attending for my marriage ceremonies. Rulers of many kingdoms, princes, families and friends. My best friend Sai came bounding up to me. "Kaurvaki!!!"
I smiled slightly.
"Hey what's wrong!" She said. "Hmm, let me guess, it's Ashok isn't it."
I nodded.
"Cheer up. Princesses die to marry Prince Dhiraj. You're lucky. Don't worry about....."
"Many princes die to marry me but I love Ashok. I can only be Ashok's and no one else's. Understood?" I felt hurt that no one noticed my feelings for him. I left her in my chamber and went down to see all the servants working hard for the preparations of the marriage. Flower garlands were being hung up and I saw my Father hugging and greeting other kings.
"Ah, Kaurvaki, come here and meet Raja Dharmesh." I walked up and greeted them with the palm of my hands closed together with a faint smile. (Traditional way of greeting in India).
A prince blushed by seeing me and I just rolled my eyes. I knew many thought I was beautiful, but sometimes beauty lands you into trouble.
I looked through to the courtyard one last time, unnecessarily. I turned around to go when I heard a sturdy horse's hooves galloping into our stables. A boy was wrapped in black and gold; his bulging muscles moving as he jumped off the horses. Our eyes met for a few seconds and I broke the contact by turning to go. It was just a horseman. The figure parked the horse in the stable and stroked it lovingly. Just what Ashok did. I thought I heard Ashok's voice and turned round but no-one was there. I thinned my eyebrows suspiciously but Sai dragged me away and into the guest attendance area where dance performances and singing was going on.