Arguments

Dhruv's POV:

The following morning, I got dressed into my sword fighting robes and headed down towards the pit. The sun was glistening high in the sky, and the light made the pillars sparkle inside the palace.

I began dueling with myself, making strong arm movements and stretching my muscles. After about two hours, my session was complete.

My eyes focused on my surroundings as I walked back through the corridors to the heart of the palace and never did I realize that I had just bumped into a a duo. I stopped abruptly at the sight in front of me.

To my horror, Krishna and Rukhsana were standing face to face, with a basket fallen on the floor, resting on its side and the flowers in it were all scattered around.

"Can't you see where you're going?!" Krishna exclaimed.

"Can't you see where you're going?" Rukhsana fired back, much to my surprise. My head jerked towards her as I never imagined her to be this fierce in her responses.

"Krish...."

"No, brother. It's her fault and yet she's blaming me for dropping her basket." Krishna widened his eyes at me.

Rukhsana stopped short at the sight of me.

She bent down and picked up the flowers obediently. Krishna watched her in anger whereas I just stared at both of them in confusion. I broke out my trance at the sight of Krishna not helping.

"Well don't just stand there. Help her!" I cried. Rukhsana looked up at me with forlorn eyes at my scolding to Krishna. She placed the flowers back into her basket and decided to leave us watching her as she left.

Krishna dusted off particles off his clothes and arched his eyebrows.

I turned to him.

"Why did you have to fight with her?"

He looked at me in surprise.

"Oh really! Says the one who goes around punching people who call others names." He sneered.

"She is a loathsome, petty little -"

"Krishna." A firm voice sounded from behind us.

We turned to see mother arriving amongst us. Me and Krishna exchanged worried glances.

"What happened, Boys?" She looked from my face to his as we pretended nothing had happened.

"Oh - well... w-w-e were just talking with.... Rukhsana, mother." I stuttered.

She looked at me disbelievingly. "Talking or arguing?"

"But mother - she was blaming me." Krishna chimed in.

"Tolerate it." She snapped back. "Now you've made the poor girl cry." She said unpleasantly.

Krishna looked down at his feet.

"What did you say to her?" She questioned.

"Didn't yomtherarf...." Krishna mumbled.

"Pardon? I didn't quite understand?" Mother asked again.

"Didn't your mother teach you any manners." He said slightly loudly, yet a clear tinge of shame audible.

Mother shook her head. "Looks like your mother didn't teach you any manners either."

"I'm sorry mother. I know you have taught me manners. I value your values mother. Please don't say that. You have taught me." He begged.

"Don't repeat your mistakes, Krishna. It can cost you more than just your anger." She said softly, leaving us looking at each other awkwardly.

"She cries too much." He said quietly after silence surrounded us.

I looked away and then found myself making eye contact again. A small smile drew upon both our faces and we burst out laughing seamlessly.

"Come on." I thumped his back and we walked off.

RUKHSANA'S POV:

"I can't believe that boy had just said that to me!" I told all my friends who were audiences to my story at the moment.

After I narrated what happened they all exchanged glances and their mouths dropped.

"Oh. My. God." Shashika cried.

"I know right!" I agreed with her shock.

"No no no! I can't believe you actually met prince Krishna! I've been dying to meet him!" She exclaimed in a high pitched voice.

I narrowed my eyes in disbelief at her. "He is the most unpleasant, nasty little -"

"Stop. Don't say a word against him." A voice at the door came through.

"Ashwatara?" I got up from my stool.

"I'm sorry, I know it's your cousin but -" I began quietly.

"He is a very prestigious prince. If anyone overhears you talk about him then assume you're in danger."

I looked at her startled.

"He's so handsome." Sarika dazed off in her daydream.

"No, his brother is more good looking." I conjured up, trying to get involved. "Anything is better than him." I mumbled firmly under my breath.

💓
Kaurvaki's POV:

"What's the matter Kaurvaki?" Ashok placed a comforting hand on my shoulder as I sat on the edge of the bed with deep thoughts.

"It's your son."

He looked rather taken aback. "Dhruv?"

"Krishna." I corrected.

"What's he done?" He narrowed his eyes in surprise.

"Insulted Rukhsana."

"What?!"

"Here Dhruv tries to hurt people who hurt her and he just goes about hurting her even more?!" I stood up facing him.

"Kaurvaki, it's alright. They're still kids...." he said calmly.

"They are 17 years old. He must learn to mature, Ashok. Not only is his reputation at stake, but so is ours. Please do something about it."

"What's a tiny little argument going to hurt? And I'm sure Rukhsana isn't that type of girl."

"Surely you would know better from your past experiences..." I said sharply.

He looked up at me. "Politically, yes. But the loss of my reputation was neither my fault, nor anyone else's. I have re-gained it after issues." He replied, hurt at my sharp comment.

I sighed.

"He's still a year younger than Dhruv." Ashok said. "It's alright. He'll learn." He smiled slightly.

"I hope so."

"I know so."

Thanks for 3K everybody!
{p.s} — please note that Krishna is unaware of the fact that his mother is Ahankara. He still thinks his biological mother is Kaurvaki because he hasn't been told. Just so you know ;)