Holi!!!!

"Mother - I have made these garlands myself. Please take care of them for a minute and please ensure the servants don't mix them with the rose garlands! I want the pink and red ones to be separate and...." Mother hastily spoke to Rani Dharma while placing down two baskets full of flowers in the courtyard.

"Take some rest Kaurvaki! You've been running around the place like mad. I'll handle it, alright?" Rani Dharma laughed at mother's hastiness.

"You see mother - with the guests around I want everything to go smoothly." She said softly.

Rani Dharma gave her a comforting smile.

"Don't worry about his yes or no. Keep your faith in Dhruv and ensure he is happy as well during Holi. It's his favorite festival remember?"

They both laughed and mother left Rani Dharma with the flower preparations.

💕

"Hey Bhrata - listen." Dhruv pulled me over in a whisper.

"Dhruv what on earth are you doing behind this pillar?" I replied in shock.

"I wanted to talk to you." He replied calmly.

I looked back to my empty area for sword practice and back to my brother's innocent eyes.

"What is it?" I sighed, giving in with a small smile at his immature nature.

"I've noticed Rukhsana is behaving slightly odd these days. I don't want her to be sad. What can I do to cheer her up."

"Nothing." I muttered.

"Huh?" He said.

"Oh... nothing. I mean - there's nothing you can do personally. You know - like... it's her own emotions and...." I trailed off realizing what a rubbish tangent I was going on about.

"My dear Bhratashree. Today is Holi. If we both talk to her as a friend she'll feel more festive and better. After all, who wants to be sad during Holi?" He said happily.

I inhaled sharply at this idea of talking to Rukhsana at this point in time.

"You go ahead Dhruv. After all, you're the one who has the manage her emotions after your marriage right?" I pulled his cheeks and began to go to my sword practice area.

"What's going on here?" Grandpa appeared. "Why are you not practicing son?" He said to Dhruv.

"What??? Neither is Bh....." Dhruv began as he turned around to find me, but found that I had quickly made my way to the field. I winked at him.

"Go and practice!" Grandpa exclaimed.

"Yes Dadaji." He said miserably.

"Urgh..." He muttered.

"What's wrong Bharatashree?" I joked, pulling his leg.

"Bhrataaaa!" Dhruv whined.

We both laughed as we engaged in a sword fight.

💕

Then came the time everyone awaits for during Holi. Masses of trays filled with vibrant colors of all sorts were placed on infinitely sized tables. Flowers were hung up, the women were singing, the smell of fresh lavender swooped the area. A fresh breeze blew into my face and hair, almost marking the start of something new while the sun glistened in the bright blue sky with a ribbon of white clouds across it.

Water tubs and drinks were placed almost everywhere I looked. The whiteness of the area kept increasing as one by one the large courtyard was filled with people in white outfits.

Just then, I saw a white lehenga glide across.

Rukhsana walked down the stairs, and I watched her from the ground, her skirt trailing behind her, her ombre hair blowing over her face and her delicate fingers trying to keep them off her smooth cheek. Her earrings dangled and almost danced with her every step. I was frozen; watching her as if she were some sort of angel, almost like a Diva.

"HOLI HAIII!!"" Dhruv splashed water filled with a mixture of purple and pink all over me. I was completely taken aback from this, and Rukhsana seemed to leave my mind for a bit.

I chased after Dhruv, laughing and playfully smacking him with a handful of colors. My bare chest began cooling down with the ice cold droplets of water that blew on me with the sudden drizzling of rain that appeared from the sky out of nowhere.

I ran and ran behind Dhruv, but he was faster - seeping through the crowds and tables like air.

We left the courtyard and round the back of the plot, right round through the mansion, and into the Grand Hall.

"Hey Dhruv, wait up!" I laughed back as he was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of something and I laughed even more, running towards it as fast I can; each inch of me longing to get that Dhruv back for the color he splashed on me.

I saw a shadow right round the stairs and I smiled like never before. My veins pulsing and my hands throbbing.......

CRASH.

"CAUGHT YOU!" I screamed.

Silence entwined us.

However - it wasn't Dhruv.

I had caught Rukhsana.....

What d'ya think? Things get a little heated in the next chapter guys! And there's also a small shock at the end of the next one ;) (not giving any spoilers) be sure to check it out - I'm sure u won't be disappointed. Happy reading! X love ya💕