Chapter 19- A Secret Confession

Enrique's P.O.V

Drive to my apartment was pretty much silent. I was not in the mood to talk and was completely absorbed in thinking useless stuff placing my head on the back of front seat and staring outside.

"Enrique we have reached." Ryan shook my shoulder gently.

"Oh! We have?"

I looked outside and came back into reality. Ryan was staring at me very strangely today.

"Yes. Let's go. I won't be at peace until I shove you into your apartment." He sounded worried but still angry.

"Arrange a date for me!" I almost whispered.

"What?" He yelled into my face.

"What's strange? You heard me. I am free tomorrow so..."

I spoke and got out of the car then started walking towards elevator, inside the building. Ryan was silently following me. In elevator, I felt his judging eyes on me but I was not in the mood to bother. I reached my apartment and right when I opened the front door with my keys and was about to get in, he stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him with questioning eyes.

He sighed a little then spoke." Are you sure you want to go on a date?"

"What's there to doubt about? Of course, I am sure. I haven't gone on one for a while so...."

I said in a try to make my voice sound full of confidence.

He looked at me with bloodshot eyes full of anger, hugged me then left without a word. What's wrong with him? I stayed like that for a minute then went inside my room and without even changing my clothes I slept on my bed.

I was tired

physically

mentally

emotionally....

The reason behind all that, was standing proudly in that painting, hung on the wall in front of my bed.

................................................................

Next morning when I woke up. I got a text with the details of date from Ryan. He arranged it with Natasha. Now I was sure why he invited those girls yesterday. Good whoever it is! Doesn't matter anyway! I just have to divert my attention. After reading the text, I slept again.

I woke up in the evening and suddenly remembered the date.

Go Enrique and pray it works!!

I got ready and went straight to the restaurant since I am not that type of guy who picks up girls from their home. It was an Italian restaurant and Ryan had already reserved a table for two. He was an expert at arranging dates. I looked around and found her. I was a little late. At least she's punctual, I thought.

I greeted her and after a casual hello hi, I ordered food. She had put effort to look good but that didn't effect me at all. Still I tried to talk about little things to keep the conversation going. She was asking a lot of questions about me. I managed to reply back in single short sentences.

I looked at my watch to note the time, only thirty minutes passed which felt like hours to me. Dinner was served and I completely focused myself on eating. I knew I was making it awkward. I didn't smile for even once during that whole conversation which she must have noticed. Good! That would stop any expectations for second date. I barely ate two bites and I was full. I didn't eat whole day and still wasn't hungry.