Chapter 32

Natalie's  P.O.V

After crying for which felt like centuries I retracted my arms. When realisation hit me. Enrique was here... I looked around but he was nowhere to be found. Was he really here or was it some hallucination? I was still thinking when Adrian made me look at him. I was feeling so dizzy and my eyes were dry because of excessive crying.

"Let's go now." He said while gripping my hand tightly and making me walk forward.

Yeah, I needed to get out of there. My head was spinning and I needed rest.

He took me to my home, practically shoved me into my bed and told me not to come out until I am calmed down. He was right I needed sleep more than anything that time.

I slept for six hours and woke up finally. I felt my stomach growling. Shit! I haven't eaten since morning and it was 11 pm already.

I went to the washroom to freshen up and when I looked at the mirror, I almost screamed. I was looking like a zombie. My eyes were so puffy and swollen that it looked like I suffered a beating.

I can't meet anyone like this. I stripped off and took a long warm shower. Luckily even after getting drenched like that in rain, I still didn't catch cold.

After I was done I came downstairs and was about to go to the kitchen when I heard mom calling me.

"You're up?"

"You must be hungry." Dad spoke after her.

"Aunt Katherine made your favorite dishes. We were waiting for you. Let's have dinner." Adrian was next while smiling a little and pointed at the table!

Dinner went smoothly and I was feeling much better because half of my problems were always caused by empty stomach. I forced dad and mom to go to sleep, they must be up this late waiting for me to wake up.

After they went to their room, I turned towards Adrian finally.

"Why did you come?"

"Yes, I missed you too!" He sighed lightly while looking at me and spoke smiling a little.

"Adrian, you didn't have to come all the way down here to console me. You know it was just a minor attack of hysteria. I always get back to normal. Don't I?"

"Yes, you do. But only after you cry your heart out on either mine or Jason's shoulder. He was coming but due to some weather issues his flight cancelled. Do you really think we would have left you alone in a time like this when you needed us the most?"

"Why do you guys have to make me feel more guilty for creating a scene for the hundredth time? You said you had your finals coming up. You should be preparing for them...." I muttered staring at the floor, feeling guilty.

"You didn't create a scene Natalie. Why do you even think like that? Stop talking nonsense. Did you even miss me?"

He came forward and tilted my chin to look up to him and asked in a serious tone now.

"Of course I did. I am glad too... thank you for coming anyway..." After staring for a bit I finally replied smiling a little. He's Adrian afterall. I missed him a lot obviously.

"That's my princess." He gave me a full smile this time and ruffled my hair gently. I missed his touch!

"So that was your new friend you told me about." After a while he went back in his serious mood and spoke while looking into my eyes.

"Yeah!! So he was really there. I thought I was imagining things." He was talking about Enrique? So I really did push him no-one else!

"Yes, he was...." He replied back in a low tone while looking at the couch then after thinking something suddenly, he looked back at me and narrowed his eyes.