Chapter 58

Enrique's  P.O.V

I woke up next day in my guest room. Why am I here? Wasn't I clubbing last night? Who removed my coat and shoes? It must be Ryan. I took a long warm shower to get my senses back and then it all started coming back to me. We fought again!

Why is this so difficult? Why can't we both understand each other like we're supposed to? Adrian is someone who's always between us and she isn't trying to let go of him either. Why can't she just realize that I am jealous of him. I am extremely possessive. I get that. But she should understand that I punched guys who even talked to her. How can I tolerate it when she cares for him that much and they were always hugging each other whenever I saw them before. Is this not enough to make me lose my calm?

I was so rude to her. I never talked to her like that and first time I did just because of that ba---. Fine I'll just try to let it go. I don't want to fight with her again. I hate it. I was still indulged in my messy thoughts when Ryan called me. I picked up and he told me everything. Like how he called her and she came instantly.

So she was the one who tucked me into bed and removed my coat and shoes. I know she cares. I know she's trying really hard. What an idiot I am. I could've talked politely. Why did I yell at her like that? Great. I wasn't just sad and frustrated enough so now I have to feel guilty too.

Next day I was waiting for her in university but she was late, making me anxious even more. Finally after an hour I saw her going towards elevator. I crossed her way but she tried to walk away again. She looked extremely serious and angry. Then she finally bursted out, her voice as cold as ice.

"What are you going to do now? Talk rudely? Or are you going to abuse him again? Do it fast because I don't have much patience left after yesterday."

I groaned loudly. I hate it when she talks to me like that. I pleaded with my eyes and asked for her mercy in a low tone.

"No, I am sorry for talking in that way. Please forgive me? Huh?"

She snapped quickly and started walking.
"No, you're not. I don't trust you anymore."

Doesn't trust me anymore? Fuck Enrique, see the damage of your stupid tongue?  I crossed her way again and lightly touched her forearm.

"Please Natalie, I am sorry. I am admitting my mistake. Please forgive me. I won't do it again."

She immediately jerked my hand away and spoke in a dead serious tone.
"Move."

I racked a hand through my hair in frustration and shook my head in disagreement. She kept looking at me then commanded in low voice.

"Promise me."

I instantly shook my head in disapproval and muttered in all honesty.

"I can't promise you. Because I don't want to lie to you. I am and I will always be jealous of him. I'll just try really hard not to mess up next time. I don't want to fight with you ever again. Just do me a favor. Don't mention his name in front of me. Don't talk about him. Don't think about him when you're with me."

She didn't speak anything and kept looking at the floor.
"Natalie?"

She finally looked up to meet my eyes with a sullen face.
"What now?"

I moved forward to lessen the distance between us and held her wrist softly.

"Say that you've forgiven me. I feel so guilty for acting so rudely. I just lost control. I am sorry."

She heard me silently then removed my hand gently while looking at my face thoroughly and spoke in a serious tone.

"Don't do this again Enrique. I am warning you. Don't abuse him or any of my friends ever again. I won't tolerate it next time. I get that you're insecure but I don't think there's any reason to. As long as I am dating you with my own will no one can come between us neither anyone can force me to change my mind. Only person who's going to destroy this relationship is you."