Chapter 68- Mine? Forever?

Enrique's P.O.V

Natalie totally ignored me after going to her friend's house. I thought that maybe I was just being over sensitive but to make my suspicion true she even ignored my calls and told me she was staying over night again. Nonetheless I waited for her lying in the couch in the living room placing my cellphone on my chest holding it in hope but that one call never came not even a text message. I woke up in the morning and walked towards her room and there I saw her sleeping there sleepfully.

Thank God, she decided to come back finally.

I wanted to ask her but instead she kept asking me suspiciously if I slept peacefully at night or not and then the worst thing happened which I never could've imagined Natalie doing to herself. I saw that cut on her palm! She kept lying to me about it but the scar was so big that she couldn't convince me even a bit.

I always wondered how would it feel if I ever mattered to her as much as she does to me. For a moment it did something to my heart. I had that much effect on her that she even hurt herself but then the guilt came along with it. This was so unexpected so unrealistic that even though I saw it with my own eyes I couldn't believe it.

My mood was worse since that moment. I didn't eat anything at the reception either. Mom kept asking me what was wrong with me and I changed the topic every time. I was mad at her. I was so mad and to make it more unbearable guilt was eating me alive. After coming back to the apartment I went straight to my room. I didn't speak anything to her throught the ride. I knew she noticed it but she didn't initiate the conversation either which made me only angrier.

I sat on the bed thinking about that all over again. How I mistrusted her. How my possessivity weakened our relationships that time. How I could have avoided the situation only if I didn't act so stupidly. She knocked on the door making my heart ache even more. I opened it and she took few steps towards me to get close but I did the opposite.

Every time she would try to lessen the distance between us I would create more. Then I asked her to slap me and she looked at me like I was some crazy maniac. I yelled at her to slap me and she as usual did the unexpected. She started kissing me holding my face in her small hands her slender fingers soothing down my frustrated body. I tried to resist but she had no intention to let me go. That gesture was enough to make me calm down. I circled my arms around her waist.

Through out the night I kept wondering if even after all that happened she would love me. Ever since she came back to me she was a different Natalie than before. She was suffering too but she would hide it for my sake. She was becoming more and more caring towards me making me insanely addictive to her presence all day long. I graduated after summer and officially joined dad's business and I hated it. I was getting busy more and more and I missed the time when we were in university and I was able to see her anytime I wanted.

But I had already told dad that I was joining his business on one condition that the work won't effect my precious time with Natalie. I would come back to our apartment before she would arrive and spend the remaining time with her.

It was Wednesday night and Natalie was getting extremely busy ever since the week started. Curse studies! After we ate together I took a shower and right when I walked out of my room I saw her totally engrossed working on her laptop. I kept calling her softly then sat beside her but no response. Hell she looks even more cute being busy. I tilted my head and sat more close to her coming in between her and the laptop calling her again.

"Natalie?"

She looked at me with scrunched up eyebrows then spoke apologetically.

"Oh sorry. Did you say something? I really have to complete this assignment tonight."