Chapter 69 - Destined To Be Yours

Enrique's P.O.V

We went inside her house and the moment she stepped a foot inside, her jaw dropped in shock finding everyone looking at us in excitement. Victoria and Ashley were already there since it was their hometown too. Ryan told me that he had told them so her friends were going to be there too. Our parents were looking at us with questioning eyes anxiously.

Ryan looked at Natalie's hand and finding the ring he returned my gaze striding forward smiling then hugged me finally. That gesture of him was enough to clear everyone's doubt about my proposal. Ryan stepped back looking at Natalie to congratulate her but before he could speak Natalie came close to me looked dead into my eyes and punched me in my stomach glaring at me with her big sharp eyes. I knew already what shocked her. This was my way of making it official. Who knows when Natalie would throw the ring right at my face.

I needed witnesses right?

Ryan being the stupid ass started laughing like a maniac making me clutch my stomach which was hurting a little because of Natalie's lovely gesture. So basically my parents should have congratulated me too but they all gathered around Natalie. Jason was also there hugging her sister. All of them took her inside the living room leaving me, Ryan and Jason alone.

Jason kept looking at me sharply with one eyebrow gawking at me dangerously then came close to me threatening me in his deep voice.

"Take care of my sister. Hurt her even a little and you're dead."

I always admired the way her brother was protective over her. Maybe because I didn't have a sister. I smiled and bent down my head a little placing a hand on my chest. He remained serious for a while before finally returning the smile and went away.

.................................................................

After spending one more day with our extra ordinarily excited families we went back to New York. It was evening and she was sitting in the living room reading a magazine when I came out of my room after changing my clothes. Tv was on. I sat near her trying to focus on it but it had took all my patience away at that point so I switched it off and looked at her asking the question finally.

"Natalie why haven't you said those words back to me?"

She looked at me being shocked as hell. I knew it was coming out of nowhere but she's my fiancee I deserve to know what she feels for me. Don't I? Or maybe she still doesn't...

She averted her gaze chewing her lower lip looking back at the magazine. I took it from her hand placing it on the table then held her hands in mine and cupped the right side of her face turning her towards me.

"I love you. Is it that hard to say to me?"

She kept looking at me for sometime before answering in a whisper.

"No, it's not."

My heartbeat got faster afraid of her next words. I barely asked.

"Then?"

Please Natalie say anything. Just don't say that you don't love me. Not even as a joke...

She gazed at our intermingling fingers rubbing the back side of my hand with her thumb making me calm instantly. Then she finally looked at me answering slowly. A sweet smile plastered on her face.

"I want to give it as a present to you. To make it worth waiting for. Will you?"

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth. My heart was thumping hard against my chest. Does that mean she love me? God what will I do when she'll actually confess...