Chapter 30

Natalie's P.O.V

"Dad, you've a meeting just attend that. You can join us day after tomorrow. Plus I am not alone. Mom is with me." I tried my best to convince dad when he decided to postpone the meeting. We were eating lunch so I decided to talk to him.

"No way, Natalie. Business is not important more than my own daughter. It can wait. I am going and that's final." He replied back in a serious and final tone looking back at me.

"Dad please! Don't make me feel more guilty than I already do. I'll be fine, I promise. Just attend it. Don't say no. Please." I pleaded while grabbing his right arm looking at him expectantly.

"I'll see, I am not promising anything now. Still one day is left for me to change my mind." He sighed a little then stroked my hair gently and grabbed my hand with his own and started eating again.

I looked at mom for help but she also shrugged her shoulders. I knew he won't agree no matter how much I try to convince him so I also started eating again.

.................................................................

"So tell me now, you guys won't fight again right?" I asked Victoria while raising an eyebrow.

"No, as long as he behaves as nicely as that day."

She replied back while smiling and winking playfully at me.

"Hmm good." I spoke while smiling a little at her reaction then started packing my stuff which was all over the table. I was doing an assignment when they all came together.

"Natalie, we're going there on Sunday. It's weekend so we barely managed to get a seat. You should come with us. Hmm? We'll be together it'll be fun."

Victoria spoke in a cheerful voice making me lose my sanity.

"Just shut up! Do you think it's about fun? Are we going there for a fucking picnic? What's wrong with you?" I yelled back in response harshly.

"I-I am sorry. I didn't mean that. You'll be alone t-that's why... sorry." She flinched back at my reaction and spoke again while stuttering.

"Sorry. You know what, I shouldn't be around anyone right now and my parents are going with me. Don't worry, I'll be fine...... I should go now, I need some rest." I answered not meeting her eyes, I knew I was rude. I stood up while grabbing my stuff.

"But don't you have classes?" Ashley asked while holding my hand tightly to make me sit again.

"I am skipping, I need to go home right now. Sorry! Bye."

I muttered in a low tone and started walking towards parking lot.

.................................................................

"'What are you doing here?" I asked in a monotone when I saw Ashley standing near my car.

"Do you think you're in the condition to drive? I'll take you home. Give me the keys." She replied in the same way raising an eyebrow in a challenging way.

"Please Ashley! I am not asking anyone for anything. Just leave me alone please." I replied back walking towards the driver seat without looking at her. She stopped me in my tracks and grabbed my hand instead then moved me towards the passenger seat, half hugging me.

"Sit now. I am driving that's final. I wanna see that dress you bought last week." She opened the door and ordered in finality, trying to change the topic while gently stroking my shoulder. I looked at her and sighed lightly. I was tired too so I sat inside.

.................................................................

Enrique kept calling me whole day. But I wasn't in any mood to talk to anyone. Why can't people leave me alone? I have texted him that I am busy but he had to be stubborn. I've switched off my cellphone now. He can call me a bitch for all I care because that's what I am. I am the most pathetic person in this whole wide world.