Chapter 33

Natalie's  P.O.V

"Why didn't you pickup?" I tried my best not to sound angry.

"I am busy."

He answered while lightly shrugging his shoulders and looked back at Ryan like I was some publicizing agent who wanted to sell something and he wasn't interested.

"Yeah, I can clearly see how busy you're. We need to talk." I spoke again looking at him for any change of expressions but no.

"Do you think I am free? I have a class."

He yelled this time. That was probably the first time he was yelling at me like that after we became friends. Ryan was looking at both of us dumbfounded.

"Do you think I care for that? I need to talk now. You can attend all your classes after that."

I yelled back in response. What did he think that I'll leave it alone after seeing him like that?  He got an equally stubborn friend unluckily. He was looking at me with bloodshot eyes and I could see he was a little convinced but still silent so I spoke again.

"Ryan, you can go for now. He'll join you later."

Ryan looked at me first still unsure of what to do then averted his stare back at him.

"Don't fucking talk to him damn it!"

He was back. This time he yelled so loudly, I almost felt like I went deaf. Why is he reacting like this?

"I'll talk to whoever I want to. Are you coming now or what?" I responded while raising an eyebrow in a challenging way and asked him again.

After glaring at me for one minute with his bloodshot eyes, he nodded his head slightly in agreement. I swear if he still didn't budge, I would've dragged him along with me. People were looking at us and were whispering in a very obvious way. Girls were giving me deadly looks maybe because of me talking to their crush like that.

I started walking towards elevator and I knew he was following me. I took him to my spot, where me and my friends sit usually, the bench at the back of the building. It's not rushy and most importantly peaceful. I didn't want to create a scene for a crowd full of gossip girls to witness so I took him there.

He just stood there eyes everywhere but me then turned his back on me.

After staring at his frozen figure for a while, I finally spoke in a soft voice.

"I am sorry!"

He turned back immediately on that and I was shocked at how angry he looked.

"What are you sorry for?"

He tried very hard not to yell and I could see his knuckles went all white with too much clutching.

"I am sorry for pushing you like that.. all you were doing was try to help me and---"

"Unbelievable! You think I am angry because you pushed me?" He yelled again while clutching his jaw tightly. I flinched back at his reaction.

"What? Then why?" I looked at him and asked back, confusion written on my face.

"You pushed me Natalie but you accepted his offer to help. You fucking hugged him right in front of me. Do you even know how irrational you were? We both are your friends right? Then why didn't you push him too? Why did you cry on his shoulder instead of me?"

He spoke in a harsh tone with so much anger in his eyes it felt like he was going to hurt me any minute then. When he fought with those guys because of his overprotective nature,he had these exact expressions.