Chapter 64 - One Step Closer

First of all happy independence day to all Pakistanis :)

Secondly happy four month versary of this book :P

Now read.
______________________________________

Enrique's P.O.V

I kept nuzzling more into her hair and lightly kissed her neck. Just the touch alone made shivers run down my body. I started stroking her hair which had a quick effect on calming my nerves. I gripped her waist more tightly like it was even possible. After crying my eyes out when I felt a burden on my heart gone I spoke in a whisper complaining which I couldn't do for a long time.

"You killed me this entire month Natalie. How could you be so cruel?"

She retracted back immediately pushing me with both of her hands then spoke angrily looking dead into my eyes.

"You made me this cruel yourself."

I nodded my head in agreement. She was right. This whole mess was created by me. Only if I didn't believe a s***'s words and went straight to our apartment instead of going to a club, none of this would've happened.

I wiped my face with the palms of my hands and replied quickly.

"I know and I'll never forgive myself for this. I regret it every second."

She looked at me for a second then averted her gaze to the door behind me.
"I've waited enough for you. I have to go now."

I almost yelled in disbelief at her sudden statement.
"Whaaattt? What do you mean? Where do you have to go this late at night?"

"Hotel."
Her reply came shortly in a low tone. So she came here but still isn't ready to live with me?

"No way. You did not...."

"Do you see my suitcases here? I am going."

Saying that she tried to walk past me advancing towards door. Over my dead body. I held her by her shoulders moving her right where she was standing before and spoke in a final tone.

"Haven't you tortured me enough already? You can call cops on me for all I care. You're not going anywhere ever again."

She jerked my hands away and raised her voice in a challenging way.
"Yes, I am. Move."

I racked a hand through my already disheveled hair in frustration making them more messy.
"Natalie for God's sa--"

She pointed a finger at me making me silent and without even letting me finish started whining adorably.

"Don't you dare say even a word. Have you even looked at this place? What did you even do? Whole time I lived with you I never knew you could become this messy. Move now."

I looked at her in awe. How much I missed her scolding sessions... So this is the reason she didn't want to stay? Because I created a mess in the apartment? I couldn't control and for the first time in thirty days chuckled lightly.

"Haha I am sorry. I--"

She narrowed her eyes at me then again cut me in the middle stretching a hand towards me to stop. She kept looking at my face thoroughly which made me nervous for some unknown reason and spoke in a low tone.

"Don't laugh."

My mouth opened at her unexpected demand but I lightly shook my head then took a long while to study her features. She looked dull and there was something else which I couldn't read. There's no way she would've missed me as much as I did. She might have been upset but she didn't long to see me around her. We kept staring at each other for a long while when she finally looked down so I decided to break the silence at last.