Chapter 70 - Those Never Ending Seven days

Enrique's P.O.V

It was two weeks before our marriage when having a dinner with both of our families turned out to be a disaster. A complete disaster! They asked us to live separately to follow the tradition before the wedding. And that too for a week. A whole ****** week. I instantly rejected and brought Natalie back at our apartment. She remained silent and didn't talk about it that night but next day she started convincing me making me lose my calm once again. I raised my voice in anger stating in a final tone and to feign ignorance kept looking at the tv.

"Why do we have to this? It's not an arranged marriage. No way."

She was sitting beside me trying her best to change my mind and that was effecting my brain cells extremely. Why is she even convincing me? She sighed lightly after arguing a lot then leaned back on the couch, eyes focused on the tv and spoke again slowly in a low voice.

"Enrique it's just a week."

I shook my head immediately and corrected her in desperation.

"No. It's seven days."

She turned towards me looking at me thoroughly then knitted her eyebrows together anxiously.

"We have to do this for our parents. That's the only thing they asked."

Unbelievable! Why is she so concerned about them? We are getting married not them. Control Enrique don't say anything stupid. One word about it and she'll think that you are disrespecting her parents. All ready to raise another hell.

I racked a hand through my already disheveled hair and clenched my fists after that to control my hyped self and replied in a flat tone.

"They're separating us. They could've asked something else."

She touched my forearms making me turn towards her to face her then muttered in a fake serious tone.

"Enrique please come on. It's not like we are not seeing each other again. We need these seven days to ourselves since it will be all familiar faces for the rest of our lives after that. Aaahh so boring."

I looked at her in shock while pointing a finger towards me and yelled in disbelief.

"Boring? My face is boring to you? See? You're still here yet you're talking like this."

She finally couldn't control and bursted out laughing.

"Hahaha hey, I was kidding. No, you're not boring. If you were boring I would have moved out a long time ago."

Finding me all serious she held my hands and remained silent then instantly her eyes lit up.

"Agree to this one then in return I will agree to anything you want after our wedding."

She sure knows how to lure me into her traps. I pouted in defeat with pleading eyes looking at her anxiously.

"Promise?"

She smiled mischievously and nodded her head stretching her little finger of right hand.

"Pinky promise."

I finally laughed at her cute gesture. Only if I knew that one week is not always as short as it sounds...

______________________________________

Natalie's P.O.V

Life was perfect. Because we were perfect together. How happy and contented I feel when he's around. How much I want to tell him that I'll never let go. That he's mine and I am his. But before I could even plan to confess he proposed to me. It wasn't that I didn't want that. I got startled because I was scared and still not ready to go even more deep than I already was. I wanted to be with him. My heart was clear. My head was not. After I realized what I felt for him two words kept threatening me to my core.