{18} Overprotective Derek Mode

* {bold italics are flashbacks} *

Sleep. Sleep is the very foundation of this universe. It is the thing that causes both happiness and sadness.

At this point, I could care less on what sleep offers me. I just want to god damn sleep. I need my sleep. This whole Deadpool drama has been ruining any ounce of sleep that I could possibly receive.

Well, last night was completely different. Liam had offered to walk me home, well more like to Derek's loft which is like my home I suppose; and I wasn't the one to refuse his offer. Especially when Liam seemed to be so worried about my well being.

"Come on, let me walk you home," Liam spoke as he grabbed my hand and began to walk. It took me a couple of seconds to comprehend what Liam had just said. At first, I was going to deny his offer but once I saw his cute, adorable confuse look on his face, I just couldn't say no to that.

Even though, I might have to deal with Derek's and maybe even Peter's very annoying questions as to why a certain boy walked me home this late at night.

I didn't seem to care at all. I just seemed to care about Liam's hold on my hand and the fact that he was walking me home because there was a slight chance that he cared about me and my safety.

And boy, might I add that this walk in fact; was the best walks I ever had while walking home.

I snuggled up close to my blanket as the memories of last night came flowing in like the wind.

"So if this Derek dude isn't your family, why are you even living with him? Liam asked as we reached closer to the loft.

"Derek may not be blood, but he's still family. I can't tell you how much he has done for my brothers and me, well because it's quite a lot." A small chuckle left my mouth as I responded to Liam, but that soon died from my mouth when the thought of Aiden came flying in.

Liam must have noticed my sudden change in mood because the next thing I know. He had stopped walking, turned to face me and pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay to miss someone you love and it's perfectly fine to cry over them. After all, we are all just human." He spoke as his hand rubbed my back up and down; as my head was hiding in the crook of his neck, and my arms perfectly wrapped around his waist.

For some reason, I felt completely and utterly safe in his arms. It was as if all my worries and troubles had banished the moment I was wrapped up in his arms.

As I was about to drift off into another deep sleep, my phone decided that it was the perfect moment to go beeping like crazy.

I swear if it's Liam spamming once again, we are seriously going to have some big problems. To my very luck, it wasn't just Liam spamming me with messages; but also Mason.