{27} No More Secrets

Ivy's head laid against the car window has Derek drove the two of them back to the loft

Ivy's head laid against the car window has Derek drove the two of them back to the loft. Ivy hasn't spoken another word since she asked what had happened. She remained as silent as a snowflake on a snowy winter day. "Ivy, you have to talk to me," Derek begged for what seemed like the thousand time that night. She closed her eyes and sighed but no words ever escaped her mouth. As the car pulled up to the loft, Ivy didn't even wait for Derek to properly park the car, before jumping out and heading inside.

There were some many things happening inside her mind. The fact that Derek was dying didn't help the thought that Ivy was going crazy. No, she wasn't going crazy, she was going insane. And she couldn't talk about with Ethan because he already has enough on his plate and she didn't want him to worry more about her. Ever since Aiden's death, Ethan's grip on protection has been over the roof.

She didn't realize the tears coming down her face when Derek walked into the loft. "Ivy," he spoke in a soothing voice. Derek rests his left hand on her right shoulder, but Ivy immediately shook it away and quickly stood up, not bothering to wipe away her tears.

"You don't get it," Ivy whispered. "You won't get it," she spoke once again with more confidence in her voice.

"Get what?" Derek questioned.

"But then again, maybe that's how you felt. When you decided to keep it a secret from me."

"Ivy, what are you talking about?" Derek's voice was filled with concern.

"When were you going to tell me you're dying. Huh, Derek."

Derek's eyes widened as Ivy finished her question. Ivy knew she got him unexpectedly. She knew Derek had no other choice but to finally tell her the truth.

"How... who told you?"

"You know, Scott doesn't really know how to control that little mouth of his," Ivy finally sat back down on the couch. However, this time it was Derek who was standing up.

"I was going to tell you, - " Ivy cut Derek off. "Yeah, when you were dead," Ivy spoke with no emotion in her tone.

"Ivy, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I was trying to protect you. I didn't want -" Derek couldn't finish his sentence because he didn't know what words to say. No more words could leave his mouth, so he sat back down on the couch, next to Ivy.

"You can't protect me from everything, Derek. And yeah, it sucks that you're dying and that I had to find out from someone else. It hurts that you're going to leave me soon, such as Aiden did. But I don't know how I'm going to survive this. I need you here. You're one of the few that I actually trust, Der. You're supposed to tell what to do and not do. You're supposed to help me figure out why I keep seeing Aiden everywhere. And, -"

Ivy was full on crying, needing a moment to catch her breath before speaking, but there was no need for that since Derek decided that this was a perfect moment to interrupt Ivy.