-twentyfive--

--twentyfive- 

+ For you, I'd risk it all

+ For you, I'd risk it all. +

+ The Vamps + 

THE COLD AIR was harsh against my skin as we stepped back outside from the Medic Centre. I shivered, my lips quivering, only wearing a very thin material over my body. Charleston looked over at me. 

"You cold?" He asked me. 

I let out a sigh. "I didn't think of wearing anything warmer." I shook my head at myself, beginning to walk down the path. 

"Here." Charleston spoke. 

I looked over at him. He had his hand extended out to me, his jacket held in offering. I was caught off guard, still not expecting such kindness from the people here. 

Politely, I shook my head. "Then you'll get cold." I told him. 

"It's fine. Take the jacket, Pip." 

"I'll be okay." I tried to dismiss him, hugging myself closer to preserve my warmth. 

"Pip," he chuckled, "take the jacket." 

I searched for confirmation in his eyes, knowing that they usually said differently than peoples' voices. He was being genuine. Reluctantly, I gave in, thanking him as I took the jacket from his grip. 

I was careful not to touch him, but at the same time, I wasn't. I wanted to keep my life, yet I wanted to feel his warm skin under my fingertips, and the world said I could not have both. For tonight, at least, I stayed alive slipping further into the depths of insanity as another day passed me by without human touch. 

But his jacket helped. I was instantly consumed in heat and a scent which I traced back to him. I felt like I was being hugged. Held. I felt real for a moment. 

Though I had already thanked him, I felt a stronger need to say it again, wrapping his jacket more tightly around my frame, too lost to pay proper attention to my words . "Thank you, Charles." 

I could see him smile at me in the corner of my vision. It was a fond look, one full of admiration. 

"What?" I asked him, smiling confused.

In the darkness, I could see it: he blushed. "You called me Charles. No one's called me that in a long time." 

"Did I?" I questioned. "I'm sorry, I wasn't even listening to what I was saying." I wasn't sure what it meant. If it was okay to call him that. 

"It's fine." He assured me. I breathed out. "I like it. It's because my name's too long, isn't it?" 

We both laughed. I nodded. "You should have one like mine. No one can give you a nickname when your name is only three characters long." 

There was a silence as Charleston thought of an answer. "Pippa!" He exclaimed. I hadn't heard a joy like that in him before. 

I continued to laugh, shaking my head at him. "Charleston, the whole point of a nickname is to shorten someone's name. You doubled mine in syllables."

I could see his face as he thought about what he had done. "I'll have to admit that you're right on this one." He declared, after, giving me one more attempt. 

"P?" 

I waited. "That's it? 'P'?" There was a silence for a few seconds until we both burst into simultaneous laughter. 

"Thank you for you efforts, but I don't think I fancy the idea of responding to 'P'." 

"That's okay." Charleston replied. That fond smile was back. "I like 'Pip'."

I liked his named, I thought. I liked that he liked my name. It made me feel...warm, and he was always making me feel warm, lately.

I looked up at him, our journey for the night having come to an end as we reached the cabin. To my dismay, I slipped his jacket off of me, slowly handing it back.

"Goodnight, Pip."

"Goodnight, Charles." 

As we parted, I thought back to my previous conclusion - the one where I had decided that he was not the darkness. I knew I was right about that, but I couldn't yet work out what he was. 

He was something big and radiant. Powerful and consuming. That much was a definite. With heavy seeking, finally, I understood what he was in the endless void of mine.

He was the sun. 

...Or was he so much more than that? Was he the galaxies and black holes? Was he all the stars as well? I pondered. 

Maybe... Maybe in the the universe, he was just the earth. Giving me the world, and life and shelter. Giving me touch...  

And a little bit of home.

-twentyfive--

A more real chapter for you.

One where you can see them as people, as two, not  just them defined by the laws of the Dormir.

PS: I don't think you're going to like the fate of the next chapter.

Comments? If you can read a book on Wattpad, then it doesn't take much to comment.

The gif is more Bob than Bellamy, but I love it.

I love you guys. Always, always.

-

What joy could You see beyond the grave if Love found my soul was worth dying for.

Grace to Grace.