-sixtytwo-

—sixtytwo-

"ONE OF THE guards got sick."

"Someone probably walked into the fog."

"An infected got in."

"Someone broke the rule." These were the echoes trapped in between the sirens, filling my bones with worry as I followed Charleston into the crowd of people shortly after he was out of sight.

Everyone was so close. How had there not been a breach of the Rule?

Thinking about it, there was a high chance that his was what it was all about. When Charleston came into The Dormir, he switched off my physical transmitter so that no one would know about our contact. Perhaps the reaction was this serious because none of the founders of The Dormir had ever expected it to happen, and so when it did, it would scare everyone in to complying and obeying.

But I had been the exception, and even now, even moments after holding Charleston's hand, I was terrified that my arm would graze against another's skin, or my back would collide into someone else, and that I would be found out for it.

"Pip!" I could faintly hear my name being called. "Pip, over here!"
I spun around, spotting Kinkey and Ava and Thea standing together, blocking their ears, watching their space. I hurried over to them.

"What's happening?" I asked them, forgetting that out of all of us, I had the most knowledge on The Dormir.

"The sirens are going off," Ava replied.

For a moment, MiKinley pulled his hands away from his ears, dropping them to his sides. He gave Ava the most concerned expression he could muster.

"Really?" He asked her. "You don't think she knows that?"

"You didn't let me finish." She snarked back, rolling her eyes at him. "Some people reckon it's about the Rule. Some suspect that someone broke it." She tensed as she looked over at me.

I had completely forgotten that she had broke the rule too. And as well as us, so had Patrick and Alistair. I wondered how many people in The Dormir were in the same boat as us, and how many here were aware of the plan, awaiting for it to commence at any sudden moment.

Charleston has promised he would do everything he could to keep my friends safe. I hope remembering about Ava's transmitter was a part of that.

MiKinley's voice broke me from my thoughts. "If someone touched someone, then there'd be two people that are dead. I haven't seen any dead guys." He stated.

"It could be something else." Thea chimed in. "Maybe someone's sick."

MiKinley shook his head softly at her, his words aching my heart. "We're Insusceptibles, Thea. It doesn't work like that."

After his statement, the sirens came to a sudden halt, leaving the campsite in a deafening silence. Everyone seemed to freeze where they were, awaiting instruction or information about what had just went on.

A loud, mechanical crank echoed from behind us. Everyone turned to watch the gates as they opened, all eyes following the man who was lead inside the camp: Marvis Maze.

-sixtytwo—
Not my best, but I'm excited about what's coming in Counterfeit!
Until I can get on a computer and upload a gif, attached is a screenshot of my  YouTube channel! I have edits and trailers for Counterfeit (and it's sequel), The Numb, and The Boy From the Bunker ( and Chase Me). I also have Bellarke up there bc they're endgame. I am actually going to cry when they reunite. NEW EPISODE TOMORROW AHHHHHHHHHHH.