i. lucky guess

There's something no one believes but it's the most pure truth. It won't happen to me, you think, but it does, it always does. People change, feelings go away. Two people in love follow diferente paths. Friends disappear, vanish. There are three words, however, capable of summarizing everything we learn about life: it keeps going. With or without you. Life goes on but, unfortunatelly, so do the scars.

Beep beep beep - smash!

"Stupid alarm!"

That was the third alarm she broke. Lydia knew her Mom would get upset, another ten bucks would find their away out of her month allowance.

The red haired girl got up and dragged herself to the bathroom, where she quickly took a shower and got ready to school. Oh, there she was back to her routines, once again. As soon as she put her perfume, she went down to the kitchen.

"Oh, good morning, sweetheart!"

Her Mother was sitting down at the table, eating breakfeast. Lydia took the seat on the other side, a plate with two toasts was in front of her, but, suddenly, remembering that it was school's first day, she lost her appetite.

"School suc-"

"Watch your tongue!"

"Urgh." Lydia sank in the chair.

"Look I'm sure this is gonna be an amazing year," Her Mom smiled, "maybe the best."

Alexander Mathews felt, as well, a little unsure about school. He didn't step in one for decades, actually for a whole century - to be more exact. He didn't recall how it worked, thought he had loose practice. Make friends, study, deliver homeworks on time, all that, it all seemed too normal.

"You're gonna fit in just right." Lily looked happy.

"And you have us!" Wes, one of his brothers, exclaimed.

"I can't just go to someone and say 'hey want to be friends?'. It's not how it works." Alex sighed, "Ah and I'm a damned vampire!"

His Mother approached and planted a soft kiss on his black hair, "You think too much."

Lydia felt nervous, she had spent the entire summer holidays occupied, first with the trip to Paris, then with something else. The only people she met were her best friends - Jason and Octavia.

Lydia closed her eyes, being taken to a safe place by her Mom's caring kiss in her forehead. But she knew that all she had to do was open her eyes and everything would turn back into the horrible reality.

"You think too much. Get your stuff, I'll wait in the car."

Lydia nodded.

She ran up the stairs, while Amelia closed the front door, and grabbed her bag. She locked the door when exited the house.

Each one of the teenagers were left in school, Lydia with her Mother and Alexander had been left there by Lily that was heading to the East Forest.

Alec checked his schedule one more time, it would be too embarassing to walk into the wrong class on the first day.

"You must be one of the new students." Mrs. Williams noticed.

Alec tried to run away from any kind of presentation, hoping he could just hurry to the chair in the back of the classroom, but he wasn't fast enough.

He stopped and smiled fakely, giving the teacher a slow nod.

"Great! Introduce yourself to the class, will you?"