THIRTEEN: "I Killed Her"

Lydia should hate him. She should be upset about the fact that he only payed attention to her when he felt like it, about the fact that he wanted and didn't want. She should be mad at him for not knowing what he wants. Lydia should be angry about the fact that Alec jeeps giving her hope for something he knows she wants so badly.

Maybe that's why Lydia went to the mansion the next morning. Because, deep down, she still had hope of a possible future together.

"Hm, pretty."

"We're not here to talk about her beauty." Lily interjected.

"Right." Alycia smiled.

Lydia kept her chin up, her green eyes fixed on Richard's that was staring at her curiously. He looked puzzled, he admired her – her never ending determination, her beautiful features, the fire behind her green eyes.

"What really happened when you were attacked?" He ended up asking.

"Ah," Jones looked at O's boyfriend, "Ryan saved me. I had been bitten and –."

"Ryan?" He narrowed her eyes, "Really?"

"Yes."

"Interesting." Alycia crossed her arms.

"I think we're done here." Thome stepped closer.

"I don't think we are."

With that, Richard stepped closer to the redhead. His honey-colored eyes mesmerized Lydia and she got carried away with the touch on her neck. She closed her eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" Andrea worried, "Leave her."

"Shh," He traced the bandage with his fingers, "Poor girl."

"I think you're pushing the limits."

Lydia opened her eyes with Alec's voice and stared at him. Richard did the same. He had just entered the room, his parents had thought it was best for him to stay on the backyard with Mark and Wes, but clearly he felt like he was more needed inside.

"Got something to say, Alexander?" Alycia smiled defiantly.

"Yes," Ryan intervened, "Lydia is a guest. Richard is making her uncomfortable."

"So?" She approached him.

"We don't want anyone else to know about the latest attacks, do we?"

"She won't say a thing." Alycia then looked at the redhead.

"What makes you think that?" Thome asked, "If you scare her –."

"Because she's in love." Richard told them.

Lydia tried to avoid eye contact with Alec, she tried. When she met his blue eyes, she realized he was looking at her too. Realization reflected in his eyes, memories. Alec could take her breath away, yes, but she wasn't in love, was she? Lydia was just a teenager very bad at romantic stuff.

"What the hell –." Lily tried to argue.

"Who is it, darling?" Alycia approached the girl, "Tell me."

"No one."

"Oh, I thought you were a better liar." She was disappointed, "What a shame."

"I'm not lying." Lydia challenged her, "Try me. Push the limits and see what happens."

"Is that a threat?" Alycia looked at her, irritably, "Oh. You have no idea where you're getting yourself into."

"You don't know me." Jones stepped forward, "The Blue Council –."