Snow White Part 1

(Don't expect frequent updates)

Once in a kingdom, there was a beautiful queen who was with child. Her husband and her was very much excited to have a child who would succeed their kingdom. As she was nearing the final weeks of her pregnancy she was working on her needle work near the window. It was winter and frost had made its way on the ebony wood. As she watched she pricked herself accidentally. A drop fell onto to the frost. The queen had noticed and was enamored by the color combination.

"I wonder if my child will have beautiful hair dark as ebony. Skin white as snow and lips red as blood." She says as rubs her hand tenderly on her enlarged stomach. Soon the queen went into labor a few days later. She bore a daughter who had black hair, pure white skin and red lips. Giving birth in this time period was very dangerous. Unfortunately the queen passed away shortly after but she was able to give a name to her daughter. F/n.

Years passed and you grew up to be a pleasant child. You were nicknamed Snow White for your pale skin although you preferred being called Snow as you found your nickname to be too long. You were obedient to your father and was rather smart for girl who was only seven. Your father loved you dearly and tried to make up for both a father and mother's love. Even so, he saw that you needed a mother figure. A noble woman had come to attend a party hosted by the king. She was a very beautiful woman. She and the King were able to talk and soon they fell in love. They were married shortly.

The new Queen treated you very nicely and acted as any mother would. But she was obsessed with her beauty. When she arrived at the castle she brought a hand mirror. Every day she would ask the same question.

"Mirror in my hands, who is the fairest in the lands." The mirror would always say,

"My Queen, it is you who is the fairest." The Queen was always pleased to hear this. For a few years, she acted as a dutiful queen, a loving wife and mother. One day though, the King had a stroke. He died the very next day. You and the Queen mourned for the dead king but soon learned to manage. The Queen carried on with ruling the country on her own. Because of this she didn't pay much attention to you.

You were lonely at times but learned to accept and continued acting as a supporting daughter. This continued on for ten years. (By now F/n is 17) 

The queen asked her mirror the same question she asked for ten years. 

"Mirror mirror in my hand, who is the fairest in the land." she asked.

"My Queen, though you are fair, there is someone fairer." The queen stiffened at this. She didn't like this answer.

"Who is the fairer one."

"It is woman with dark ebony hair, skin white as snow, and lips red as blood." She knew who the mirror was referring to. The queen went to find you to see if it was true. 

You were writing in your room when the Queen came in unannounced. You smiled when you saw her.

"Mother what brings you here?" you said pleasantly. The Queen stared at you. It was true. You had certainly become more beautiful over the past ten years.

"So it is true." She murmurs.

"What is true?" you asks. The queen smiles.

"Nothing to concern yourself dear." The queen hugged you. "I just missed you." The queen did love you. She didn't like though how you became more beautiful. Perhaps she can make you look ugly. So that way she can be the fairest in the land. 

A huntsman arrived. He was told to assist in making you ugly. 

"You will scar her." said the Queen. "Do not do anything that will be life threatening. If you do, you will be burned."

"I understand my Queen."

"Once she is scared, knock her out. Bring her back to the castle and she will be treated. Afterwards, take your reward and leave and don't come back."

"Yes, my Queen." And so the Huntsman takes you to the forest. You were picking flowers when you saw the shadow of a knife. You scream and the knife drops. The huntsman then gets on his knees and begs for forgiveness. "I am sorry. I can't hurt you. You are too pure and I can never hurt you in such ways." 

"W-what?" you asks frightened. 

"Run child. Run away and don't comeback. Worse things will happen if so." You takes off running into the forest never looking back. You stumble upon a small cottage. Inside were seven dwarfs, all named after a day of the week. You explains your situation and they agree to take you in until it safe for you to go home. You were never aware it was the Queen who caused this series of events.