Beauty & the Beast Part 1

You were the youngest of six children. You had three older brothers and two older twin sisters. Your mother had died after giving birth to you. No blamed you for her death except your sisters who treated you as if you never existed. Your brothers and father, though all tried to make you feel more welcomed. Because of this, you were the most doted upon and considered the favorite of the family.

Your sisters hated you even more and always made you feel bad about yourself. Since they treated you so coldly, you actually maintained humbleness and never asked for much or anything at all. You didn't even consider yourself beautiful even though you were prettiest daughter of your family.

It was the winter season and your father had to leave to go get his cargo in the port city over. He turned to your brothers right before he left.

"Aaron, Brandon, Clyde. What would you boys prefer?"

"A  new pocket watch. Mine had stopped working." Aaron answers.

"A bow and arrow." Brandon replies.

"Books." Clyde responds.

"And to you Delia. Emily." Your sisters begin listing off things they wanted and your brother inwardly groan and roll their eyes. It was like this every time. They would always ask for so much and yet never use any of it. 

"And alas to my F/n." your father turns to you after listening to your sisters. "What would you like for me to bring?"

"I don't need anything. As long as you come home safely."

"Oh c'mon F/n" Aaron says. "You have never asked for anything."

"But I fear thing thing I want, will be impossible to get."

"If dad can get whatever the idiots over there want." Clyde says pointing to your sisters. "I think he can get you what you desire." You turn to your father.

"A rose." you tell him.

"A rose?"

"Clyde had shown me a picture of it in books. I have always wanted to see one in real life. They really are beautiful." Your father smiles at you.

"But their beauty doesn't compare to you. Regardless I will get you this rose. I promise." Your bids your siblings farewell and leaves.

"But their beauty doesn't compare to you." Delia says with disdain.

"Regardless I will get you this rose." Emily adds in before glaring at you. "You little cheat. You always manage to steal dad's attention."

"Oh please." Brandon interjects. "He pays plenty of attention to you two. Especially about your spending habits."

"Didn't Emily spend over three hundred and that beauty salon?" Clyde asks.

"Good god. They should close that place down. Who spends three hundred to fix nothing." Your brothers laugh and you chide them.

"You should act like that. We are family."

"Stop trying to act  like a saint." Delia snaps at you.

"You may have fooled dad and them, but we know you are nothing more than fraud." Emily adds in before stomping out with Delia. You look down. The only time your sisters payed attention to you was when they insulted or bullied you. Just once you wanted to act like sisters with them. You felt like crying and your brothers console you.

Few days have passed. Your father had successfully gotten and sold the cargo he needed and managed to get everything his children had asked for. All but the rose. He couldn't find it in any shops or florists. He even contemplated getting fake ones, but he shook his head at the thought. You never saw one before and this was the first time you ever asked him for anything. He makes a promise to himself that he will get the most beautiful rose he can find.

He was halfway home when a snow storm hit. He tried to get home as fast as he could but it was futile. He was forced to give up the gifts and traveled as fast as he could. He was tired though and needed rest. He happen to stumble upon a castle. It was odd. It looked old and run down. Must of been abandoned. Your father hurries inside for shelter and he is shocked.

The inside was marvelous. He explored the castle and called out to anyone to see if he could spend the night. No answer. He explored and soon came upon the gardens. At the center was a rose. He thinks back to you. If the castle was abandoned, then surely it would be okay to take a single rose. He goes to pick the rose only to be grabbed by someone.

"I apologize." your father says turning to the person who grabbed him. "I thought no one was-" your father stops talking. The person who grabbed him wasn't even a person. It was a monster.