Bluebeard Part 2

It was nearly sunset and you were waiting outside your home. Joseph was meeting a potential wife and Keith was supposed to be back from the forest with some lumber by now. The wind blew and you pulled your shawl closer to yourself. You waited another twenty minutes before you took a hair pin that pined up you bangs and picked the lock on the door.

This wasn't the first time your brothers were late and so you learned how to pick locks so you wouldn't be waiting outside hours on end. Your brothers didn't like that you did this but couldn't say anything about it since it was partly their fault you learned how. Once you picked the lock you entered and started working on making supper.

By the time you finished making it, Keith runs inside and notices you placing bowls on the table. You smile wryly at him and continue on with your tasks.

"I really need to talk to the locksmith and fashion a key for you." he says as he sits down at the table.

"It is going to be a waste of money doing that." you say as you pour soup for your brother. 

"But it isn't right that you have to pick the lock to get inside whenever me or Joseph is running late."

"Maybe." Just then Joseph came in. He was smiling widely. You and Keith share a look before turning to Joseph. "I take it you are going to get hitched soon?" you say teasingly.

"Don't mock your elders." Joseph says taking a seat. As you pour him soup he begins explaining. "May agreed to the proposal and we are getting married as soon they get the dowry ready. By the end of the month she will be living here."

"I always wanted to female company." you say joyously. You loved your brothers dearly but you couldn't tell them things the way you could with girls. At that Joseph looks at you seriously.

"F/n. You are barely an adult but, I was thinking. May is just two years older than you and we are set to be married soon. Perhaps have you considered getting married?" You look at Joseph.

"I have but," you begin choosing your words carefully. "Marriage is a serious matter. I do want to get married but only when I feel it is right." You understood why your brother was asking you whether or not you were prepared for marriage. Both of your brothers would have been married years ago if it wasn't for you. Since you were the youngest, they wanted to take care of you until you were an adult. As of now, no one proposed marriage to you but if someone did, you would consider it. 

"Don't rush it F/n." Keith says. "You have plenty of time. Besides neither of us will let a bad man near you." 

"I know." the rest of the night is spent talking about Joseph's upcoming marriage. The next day, you are in the outskirts of the town area when you see a man get robbed. You hide in the shadows of tree and wait for the thugs to leave. Once gone, you rush over to man. He is lying on the ground beaten. You look at his injuries and decide to bring him home to treat him.

When he is inside you start treating his wounds. It is then when you begin noticing his features. The man looked to be around Keith's age or maybe a little bit older. He had stubble on his chin and his clothes look a tad worn out. What made him odd though was the color of his stubble and hair. They were blue. A dark blue specifically. You found it odd as having blue hair was not natural. You thought that he dyed it but it wouldn't explain why he would dye the small hair under his chin.

While you are tending to him, Joseph comes home and eyes the strange man. You begin explaining.

"He got attacked by bandits. I brought him home to take care of his injuries." Joseph nods and walks closer to the man. 

"I will stay with him." he says never taking his eyes off the man. "You go do whatever you were doing before you found him. I will take care of the injuries."

"Why?"

"You are a woman F/n." he says finally looking at you. His eyes were stern. "You knew he was injured and you choose to bring him here instead of the doctor's. Besides, what if the man isn't a good person. He could easily over take you and have his way. I am not risking that. When he wakes up, I will question him and send him out by the end of the night." You were going to protest but you knew it was futile. You obey your brother and finish your daily tasks.