Allerleirauh Part 1

You were pacing in your room. It had been only a week, and he managed to successfully get the three dresses and fur skin mantle, you asked of him. Your mother had passed away years ago, when you were a young girl, and your father was in deep grief. You were there when she died and made him promise to only marry a woman as beautiful as she. That day, your father began to look at you differently. Now he had come to you  to announce his plan of marrying you which horrified you. You thought by asking for such rare dresses and fur would make it impossible but he still found a way.

His advisors were against the idea that he should marry his own daughter. You were terrified he had even come to that conclusion. Tonight though, you will escape. An advisor you trusted was going to sneak you away. You decided to bring the dresses, in case you needed to sell them for money and packed them tightly in a small bag. 

You also had three walnut shells, filled with three of your mother's possession; her wedding ring, her gold earrings and necklace chain. You loved your mother dearly, even if her dying wish was the reason you were running away. Soon it was time and you successfully fled away, wearing the fur mantle.

It had been a few days since you escaped. You had considered selling the dresses, but realized only afterward, that they might be clues for your father to try and find you. You didn't want to leave them in the forest either since, once again they might be clues. So you kept them in your small bag.

You looked dirty and you didn't know how long it would be until you could stop running away. Maybe at the end of the winter seasons? As you were walking through the forest, you heard barking. A hunting party perhaps? Legally, only those of noble blood could be allowed to hunt. Maybe you could get help or shelter. You follow the barking in hopes to see if you could get help.

Lars Wagner, was a newly crowned king. He was hunting in the forest since it was one of his favorite outdoor activities. It was a cold day and the forest was covered in frost. Most animals would be hiding but their would always be a few resilient ones lurking about. Just then he notices something furry coming near. The dogs were barking but he ordered his men to hold them down. Upon closer inspection, it appeared the furry being might be a traveler.

You found the hunting party and successfully got their attention. You showed your face to them to level the suspicion placed on you already. Would he know that you were a princess? It would be unlikely. Ever since your mother's death, your father prevented you from even making court appearances. You looked dirty too. He wouldn't be able to tell.

"What are you doing in the forest? Especially in the winter seasons?" The head of the hunting party asks.

"...I was hoping to find some place to stay. I have been travelling for days and I want to find a place to rest."

"I see."

"May I join your group. I will work for you and do my best if only you give me a place to rest." Lars looked at you carefully. He was having a party that was to last three days in celebration for his coronation. Perhaps you could work in the kitchen.

"Very well." he responds. "You can help in the kitchen."

gonna say this now. Father dearest isn't going to show up in front of reader chan ever again. (maybe)

also incest not cool. never cool. wrong on so many levels.