The Princess and the Pea Part 3 (End)

Leon felt bad about his actions after you left. His mother sighed at that.

"The one woman you loved left because of traditions." The queen finally realized that the traditions only worked for those of the earlier times. She turns to her son. "Well. There are a few more candidates available. I'll go find one that will match your requirements."

"No. I want her mother. I will have her as my bride." Your family had welcomed you back happily and you explained what happened to them. Your father and siblings smiled wryly at that.

"Don't blame them dear." your father said. "Now how they treated you was not good but if I am correct, they are in a predicament about find a wife."

"My pity to the woman who marries him." you mumble.

"F/n." your father says sternly. "You must show respect. They will be coming to your coming of age party."

"What!? Why?"

"Country ties my dear. They are a very powerful kingdom. I heard from your brother that you turned down a marriage proposal. Rudely at that." you look down. "F/n we need to have good ties with this kingdom so we don't go into war."

"I don't like them father."

"Worry not my dear. Once your coming of age is over, we can laugh about them all we like." You smile a little at what your father said. While preparations for your coming of age was going on, you kept getting letters.

"This is the fourth letter this week. What part of no does he not understand!?" you shout. Leon had been sending letters of apology and requests of marriage since your departure and you were getting irritated. You go to find your father and explain what happened.

"They are more serious than I thought." your father was getting worried. Your father didn't want to send you to man you hated. All of your siblings had love marriages that were beneficial to the country. Your father pats your shoulder reassuringly. "There is a way, but that would require you to be married rather early."

"Anything to get him off my back." you didn't really care about your marriage and you were okay with whoever you married as long as they stayed faithful and that the two of you could get along.

"There was a man I was planning on introducing you to. I guess I send a letter saying you would like to meet." And you did meet this man. He was a noble and nice man. You two got along well. You both agreed to get married and it was decided on your coming of age that you will announce the engagement.

Your coming of age had arrived and Leon was anxious. You hadn't responded to any of his letters. He had decided to ask your father directly for your hand. When he arrived he scanned the area for your father or you. Eventually he found your father on the top of the stairwell.

"I would like to thank you all for coming for my youngest daughters coming of age. It is an honor to also announce her marriage to Lord Rein Lyons." You and Rein step out and the two of you smile at the crowds. Leon glares at this and storms out. He had fallen in love with you first. Like hell he was letting you go.

A month later. War was declared on you by Aranis. Your father was upset by this. It was stated that they would call off the war if you dissolved your engagement and married him instead. You were upset and angry. Why did this have to happen now. It took you a week to think things through but you dissolved the engagement and agreed to the marriage.