Hansel and Gretel Part 4

Hansel had been looking for you when he ran into Gretel.

"What is the matter Hansel?" she asks curiously. 

"I am looking for someone. I need to find them." he says.

"Is it F/n." she asks.

"Yes it is."

"I fired her." Hansel's eyes widen.

"Why did you fire her?"

"She was that witch's granddaughter. She wanted revenge. To protect us, I forced her to leave." 

"I see." Hansel nodded. His plan to have Gretel leave him alone was failing. He had to find a new woman. But he felt a pain in his chest every time he went out with a different girl. He soon realized he fell for you. 

You had moved out of your parents home partly because you felt guilty for the thoughts of wanting to murder someone. They didn't know and you said it was because you wanted to be independent. Months had passed and you worked as an assistant teacher at the local school. It was the weekend and you were reading a book in your flat when you heard a knock on the door. You opened it and saw Hansel.

Hansel had spend weeks searching for you. He at first tried to push back his feelings but it never worked and he became desperate to see you again. Gretel knew he was researching places but she didn't know what he was actually looking for. Hansel wanted to apologize for your grandmother's death but he also wanted to see if he could start a relationship with you.

"I have finally found you." he said relieved. You were surprised to see him but you collected yourself and ask plainly.

"What do you want?" He was slightly taken aback by your attitude but he continued.

"Gretel told me what happened. I understand your anger is justified and I wanted to apologize."

"If this is about revenge. I gave up on it. As of now, I have no ties to your family."

"But I still want to talk to you."

"Well I don't." you glare at him.

"Can I at least try to make it up to you."

"If you want to make it up to me. Stay out of my life. That is the least you can do." you slam the door in his face. You were worried Gretel was going to find out about his visit and try to harm your family even more. You weren't going to risk it. Hansel knocked on your door several times, but when he saw you weren't going to answer he left.

Half a year had passed and you happen to meet a man. He was kind, gentle person who had ties to old nobility. You two were getting along quite well when he proposed marriage to you. You were happy with him and accepted his offer.

As for Hansel. His feelings for you were growing by the day. Gretel had been more clingy to him and she turned down every marriage offer that came their way. He was getting annoyed. Since they lived in a time where a woman's wealth belonged to their fathers or male head of the family, Hansel controlled the wealth.

"This is the last time Gretel!" he shouts. "If you decline another proposal, you will be cut off from out family." he states before he leaves his sister alone crying. With time, he did get his sister engaged and a party was celebrated. The man you were engaged to had accepted and requested that you join him. You were a bit worried about going but figured it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to join.