Wild Swans Part 4

"Who are you?" David asks suspiciously. Caleb looks at the three males before formally introducing himself.

"Forgive me. My name is Caleb Evertte. Prince of the land and future king. I will assume that F/n is your sister. She saved me a month ago. I was hoping to repay her kindness." 

"I see." Florian responds. "Forgive us, my prince. We were rude unjustly."

"Nonsense. Now please. Is there anything you wish for me to bestow upon you?" Your brothers turn to you and you discreetly motion for them to keep quiet about your identities. Caleb didn't need to know who you were just yet.

"Can you bring F/n to your home then?" Elias asks. "We three brothers are always busy. We leave her alone for long periods of time. Is it possible for you to watch her for several months?"

"Of course."

"Thank you. If you will excuse us, may we speak to our sister alone?" You go outside with your brothers.

"Why don't you want use saying anything?" David asks you. You write your response on the ground. "Dangerous? I guess I understand why, considering you were only twelve, but it would be safer for him to know." you shake your head. "Fine. Anyway, We got the nettles. It should be enough to finish the final shirt."

"Father is doing fine." Elias says. "They have more support. We are so much more closer to defeating the witch." Your brothers stay with you until the very last moment they could before flying away to rejoin your family. 

Once Caleb is fully recovered, you walk with him, carry your nettle shirts and supply. Eventually, a guard is leading a search party and is relieved to see Caleb. Caleb introduces you as the one who saved him. 

You felt overwhelmed once you reached the castle. What should of felt familiar felt so out place. Being isolated for six years really did change you. The fact you couldn't speak made it even worse. Caleb also begun to pay closer attention to you. He enjoyed the time in the lodge and wanted spend much more time with you. 

"F/n. Why are you making nettle shirts?" You write on a sheet of paper. "Just because? You are very overprotective of it though?" you write you have your own reasons. As the months went by, Caleb found himself more enamored. It was clear to his father, you were someone of nobility, so when Caleb brought up a potential proposal from him to you, his father didn't mind.

You also found yourself feeling very close to Caleb. He didn't harass you to speak or ask too much questions as to why you do what you do. Maybe when your kingdom is reclaimed, you would possibly be able to meet with him in more ideal circumstances.

That night Caleb enters your room, and he talks about his day while you silently listen on, finishing the final shirt. "My father said we could marry one day." he tells you. You stop sewing when you hear that. "He knows you have some sort of noble blood in you. As much as I want you as my queen, I need your answer first." You could see how hopeful he was. The feelings were mutual. You silently nod and the two of you revel in your happiness, unaware of those who didn't want you around.