Sleeping Beauty Part 1

Long ago in a country, a king and queen were expecting a child. The couple was very excited as they were trying for a child for years but the queen never made it passed the the first three months. Finally a daughter was born to the couple. They were overjoyed that they threw a celebration and invited people from nations far and wide. Among the invited was the seven fairies. The seven fairies were powerful beings and kind hearted by nature, all except one.

The oldest of the fairies, was a greedy person. She demanded the best of everything or she bestow curses on the people. The other fairies knew of this and always managed to undue the situation before it got severe.

The fairies were given a special plate and goblet. The plates made of gold and the goblets encrusted with jewel rare to the country. An incident occurred though and one of the goblets and plates were stolen. The king sent someone to find the thief but meanwhile, a servant replaced the missing silverware with regular china plates and a crystal goblet.

The fairies were to show up later in the day and so other kingdom's payed there respects to the new born princess. Among them was a boy no more than the age of five. Jeffery Hauet was from another kingdom. He had a gift to present to the baby. A small necklace with heart pendant that had a rose engraved on it. He went to present the necklace to the baby who only smiled and laughed. The little prince was enamored by the baby and wanted to play with her longer. 

The king noticed and said heartily. "Perhaps when your older, my little F/n can be your princess." the people laughed leaving the boy confused. Just the the fairies arrived. Of the seven, five were present.

"What a beautiful daughter you have dear king." one of the fairies say congratulating the king. "If I may bestow a gift for the child?" she asks and the king nods. The fairy gives you the gift of beauty. The other four give you gifts of grace, wit, kindness and song." The five fairies take there seats and the other two arrive. 

The oldest fairy was angry when she arrived to the seat she was assigned to. She saw that her sisters had much more beautiful silverware then hers. The fairy that had yet to give her gift offered to switch the silverware but she was having none of it. Instead she turned to the king and shouted.

"Since you think you have the right to disgrace me like this, you child will die on her sixteenth birthday by pricking her finger on a spinning wheel." After she unleashed her curse she stormed out of the hall. Your mother picked you up after that crying. The fairy who had yet to grant your wish came forward.

"I apologize for my sister. I have yet to grant my wish. If I may." the queen reluctantly shows the fairy the baby. "On your sixteenth birthday, you will not die by pricking your finger but instead fall into a sleep. You will wake up on an unknown day at unknown hour." she turns to the king and queen. "I am sorry that this all I can do. My sister is much more powerful than me. I can't do much more than this."

"It is fine. As long as she wakes up one day. We will be okay." the king says comforting his wife. Jeffery was taken back home but he was worried for the princess. After that day the king ordered that every spinning wheel will be burned in hopes of avoiding the curse. Jefferey was never able to see the princess after that incident because the kingdom's only successor was cursed. The king and queen refused any engagements for the princess because if she were to fall in to slumber after getting married, they feared that her husband will wed someone else, leaving the kingdom to someone not from their own country.

For years Jeffery thought of the princess. He heard rumors about the girl and how she did grow up to be a beautiful, smart and kind girl. He would send messengers and here so many stories about her. He prayed that the curse wouldn't happen but even if it did, and you never woke up, he would wait patiently.