Aladdin Part 3 (End)

You were there at the wedding. The princess seemed so happy. She was rumored to be a very kind woman. She and Aladdin would be a perfect match for one another. You wondered what was going to happen to you now. He still had to wish for your freedom. You would be an immortal being wandering the world. Maybe you would find someone new and give up your powers for them.

Aladdin never brought up the third wish. You waited patiently but he never said anything. When you did bring it up, he would brush it off as if avoiding it. It worried you. What if he was going to take back what he promised you. You would be waiting many more years until someone else gets the lamp.

It scared you. You had grown so accustomed to the life you had now. You didn't want to go back. You decided you were going to talk to him about it to see whether or not he will free you. You were out trying to find him when you are stopped by the princess.

"F/n. Have you see Aladdin?" You shake your head no. "My father is dying." she says sadly. "He needs to talk to him." The princess didn't know you were a Djinn. No one in the palace did. Instead they thought you were a friend of his and adviser.

"Dying? He was fine a few days ago."

"I know but his health had been deteriorating so rapidly. I am scared."

"I am praying he will pull through." 

"I hope so too." You then see her eyes light up. "Aladdin!" she calls out running to him. She explains to him and the two of them rush to the Sultan's room. A few hours later, the Sultan is pronounced dead.

As of now, the Sultan had no sons nor any brothers, so the person who became Sultan was Aladdin. You decided to hold back on asking when you were allowed to be freed. You hadn't spoken to him after the Sultan was put to rest.

Finally you thought it would be appropriate to go and ask. You knock on his door but receive no response. After awhile, you hear him scream. You open the door and the sight before you stuns you. On the ground was the princess with her eyes rolled back with a chalice in her hand. Aladdin was next to her screaming.

Guards rush in and the princess is pronounced dead. Aladdin looked sad to see his father-in-law and wife dead. Everyone gave their condolences. You did as well but you felt that something was off. You knew he did something. 

You were alone with him when you asked.

"You said you would free me eventually." you see him stiffen.

"Why do you want to leave F/n?" he asks.

"I want to live for myself."

"Would you stay by my side then?" You remain quiet. 

"You want to leave me F/n. I can tell. You always seemed like you wanted to leave when you saw my wife die. Why?"

"The circumstances of her death were suspicious."

"Why are they suspicious? It has been quite common to try and attempt poisoning."

"It just is." he suspected you. 

"Do you suspect me?" 

"...Yes." Aladdin laughs.

"You are correct in suspecting me. I killed her."

"Why?"

"She was in the way of what I needed."

"What do you mean?"

"When you told me how to free you, I was going to do it without hesitation. But you stopped me. You trusted me. You believed I deserved the wishes I had. The longer we spent together, I realized you meant much more to me."

"That doesn't explain why you killed them."

"You can't make people fall in love. Yourself included. You couldn't kill people. I could of wished I had all the money in the world, but that wouldn't give me the power I needed. I needed to be the Sultan."

"You could of just wished for it."

"But that would destroyed how you thought about me. The princess was someone who needed to get married. I got lucky by wooing the girl. Probably because I was the closest to her in age. Killing the Sultan was easy enough. The man trusted me so much. Same for the girl."

"So you killed them to get power."

"Yes. The best part is I never have to worry about getting caught because no one can hurt me. Not even you. So since it is clear you will want to leave me if I free you, I need to make sure that never happens."

"What are you going to do?"

"F/n. I wish for you to become human." You couldn't disobey even if you wanted to. You knew why he was doing this. He wanted to make sure you wouldn't have any source of power to escape and now that he was Sultan, he could make it so you can't leave. Within seconds you feel yourself drained of the magic you once had. You were no longer a Djinn and therefore could no longer go back in the lamp. Even so, you were now a human faced with a man of very high power.