Swan Lake Part 1

It had been two years since Rothbart made you a swan. Your parents had been foolish enough to cross a sorcerer and now you were a victim of their mistake. Cursed to be a swan until the moon touches your wings on the only lake of his domain. Rothbart told you that if your parents gave him the money he deserved prior to them crossing him, you return back to your human self. Your mother though became pregnant and gave birth to two children and you were forgotten. 

It didn't matter if they remembered you. Your family died in a carriage crash, killing everyone. And so you were a swan. Rothbart was angry that his revenge didn't work the way he wanted and so cursed you to remain a swan until someone who hasn't fallen in love before loved you and proclaimed it aloud with one other as witness, whilst in your human form. If he died before you, you would forever remain a swanYou were a swan for the light of day. It would be impossible.

Midnight and you were making daisy chains near the lake. Odile appears and scoffs at you. Odile wasn't as bad as her father, but she did come off as annoying. Even so, she was the closest person you had to a friend ever since you turned into a swan. 

"You should try and find new hobbies." she says sitting next to you.

"There isn't much I can do considering my predicament."

"It doesn't seem to bad being a swan. You can fly away to far off lands and be free, in a sense."

"You don't understand Odile. You never will." You wanted to be fully human again. There was a danger in being a swan. People would try to hunt you and you barely escaped with your life. Not that you cared much if you were shot down.

Prince Sieg had been more annoyed since his mother told him he needed to get married. He wanted love. He wanted to find a woman and fall in love with her. Benno had been watching his friend pace back and forth until finally he suggests.

"Let's hunt tomorrow. Stay out until the sun rises marking the new day. It will be a good way to pass time by." He tosses a cross bow which Sieg catches. Hunting was one of his favorites.

"Alright. Tomorrow then. We will hunt until the sun rises for the next day."

The sun was rising and you knew it was time. You turn to Odile and ask her to fold your clothes and hide them inside a hollow tree trunk. She complained but did so none the less. You had been flying around town for a while. It was what you liked to do to pass by time. It was dangerous but the curse allowed you to leave Rothbart's domain if you were a swan. It was nearing the time the moon rises and you were heading back when you are grazed by an arrow.

"Dammit." Sieg whispers under his breath. He strings up another arrow chases the swan, with Benno. The swan always managed to avoid his arrows. It was when they reached the edge of Rothbart's domain, did Benno forcefully stop both horses.

"We shouldn't be here Sieg. The sorcerer lives here. What if it was his swan?" Sieg couldn't explain why, but he wanted to pursue this swan regardless of the dangers. It was a lot more smarter than others he had hunted before.

"I don't care. I will get that swan. The sorcerer can come talk to me any time he wants about it, but I will get that swan." And so Sieg enters the domain alone.