Allerleirauh Part 5 (End)

You weren't expecting Lars to have you join him. Did he know? The questions go through your head in rapid succession. Lars watched you as you ponder. He felt happy being around you. He wanted you to be around him. Without doubt you were the woman at the party. 

"Allerleirauh isn't your name is it." he tells you. You feel yourself at a loss for words. "You are running away from something."

"I am." you say reluctantly.

"I won't force you to tell me. I mean as long as you are remaining loyal to me, there should be no problems." 

"I understand my king."

"I saw the girl at the party last night. She wouldn't tell me her name. It really has only been two nights and yet she makes me so happy. I approached her the first night because she looked familiar. She was a cute girl. I had to see her again. This night I will see her once more. It makes me happy just thinking about it."

Lars seemed genuinely interested in seeing you again. As the two of you are walking, you run into a lord and lady. The same people from your country.

"King Lars." the lord bows. "How was your day."

"Pleasant." Lars responds. You then realize who the lord was. He was the advisor who helped you escape. You didn't see him at the party. The two of you make eye contact but you break it. "How about yours? I happened to hear you both talking about your king."

"Ah. He has been looking for his daughter."

"To marry am I correct?"

"Unfortunately yes. We hope the princess is okay." the advisor says looking at you for a moment. The conversation goes on for a while but Lars is called away, leaving you with the advisor. Once officially alone the advisor bows to you. "Thank our gods you are okay."

"Is he still searching?"

"He is."

"What about the rumors circulating around me?"

"After your disappearance, the people seemed to support your decision. The kingdom is in chaos. Your father is becoming more and more delusional and crazy." The three of you talk, unaware Lars was listening in. A kitchen maid, a mysterious lady and a runaway princess. 

"What a girl I've fallen for." he whispers to himself before walking off. Lars himself was surprised as to how fast he has fallen. He had an interest in the woman he found in the woods. It was the main reason why he took you in. If he had no interest, he merely would've brought you town. The mysterious woman he saw at the party only attracted him because she seemed familiar. The fact you were a princess gave him enough reason to press for a marriage. But your father was an issue. But that would be taken care of swiftly. After all your father was a crazy man.

That night was the final night you were going to dress up. You decide to destroy the dresses. They weren't worth keeping anymore and if your father was going to try and find you, they had to. Your only regret was not doing it sooner. 

The party was fun and Lars never left your side. A jester was brought in during the party and had asked you and Lars to participate in one of the activities. You are told to put your hands along with Lars' under a cloth. Both of you and Lars' hands were tied with rope. After the cloth is pulled, you see that the ropes are removed and Lars is holding your left hand tightly. 

"What a magic trick." Lars says amused. He lets go of your hand and everyone applauds. You do to, unaware of how during the trick, the ring that was found in the soup was now on your finger.