Allerleirauh Part 3

You found a water basin and cleaned your face a bit and tried to make your hair more presentable looking. You then notice that the fire place had ashes and soot. Going to the party was risky as you would be recognized by those who work in the castle but maybe once done with party tonight, you can cover your face with the ash and soot.

You head on to the party feeling a mix of emotions. Was this okay to do? You realized going would be bad but by that time, you had already arrived. Several people had noticed you since you were wearing a dress made from rare material. It was too late to leave.

You immediately head to wall and keep people at distance. Most left you alone after they realized you weren't interested in talking. The party look beautiful and you found yourself happy just spectating.  

Lars had noticed you as others did, but all his attention was focused on you. You looked familiar but he couldn't remember where. He decides to figure out who you are and where he saw you. 

"Pardon me for noticing you all alone." he says to you and you inwardly panic. You couldn't allow him to realize who you were. "Would you be my dance partner?" You couldn't decline. It would make you more suspicious. You nod quietly and the two of you dance. Lars found you rather strange. Your dress was very beautiful and yet you looked rather simple. No jewelry or headgear. 

You try to keep in rhythm with him but it was difficult since you hadn't actually danced with others in so long. Lars noticed and laughed quietly.

"Is this your first time at a party?"

"...It is. I am sorry for not knowing how to dance well."

"It is fine. So where are you from?"

"A far away place." Lars was going to press you for more but it was announced that it was time to eat. He escorts you to the table and has you sitting next to him. Women and men looked at you with envy. You didn't know how to act. This was a bad idea. As you were eating, the soup you saw the head cook make was brought out. Lars was about to drink it when he noticed something sparkling. Your ring.

"Odd." he said strangely. He wasn't the only one. A lord and his wife had your necklace chain and earrings in theirs. Lars orders for them to be kept in his chambers for safe keeping. You maintain composure for the rest of the night and you were about to leave to change your clothes when Lars stops you.

"I am hoping to see you for the next two nights."

"I couldn't possibly-"

"Please." he says holding your hand tightly. "I won't let go until you agree."

"Alright." you tell him before running off. Lars smiles at your retreating figure. You didn't tell him your name. He didn't ask because you seemed worried about something. The next night, he knew you were coming. You seemed to be a person who would stay to their word.