Rapunzel Part 2

News circulated about Agatha and the child's departure. Many were over joyed.

"At last the witch and her offspring has left our village." a villager says. Your parents stop when they hear this. They understood they had no right to but they still felt sad. You were no longer among them.

"What is wrong mama? Papa?" their son asks them. The mother smiles.

"Nothing is wrong Lucas. Now shall we go home. I am making sweet rolls." The young boy squeals happily. The couple looks at each other. One day they will tell their son about what happened.

As for you, Agatha took you to a tower and kept you there. You were not allowed to leave unless you were with Agatha and to stay away from strangers. When you were fourteen only did you learn about the circumstances that led to you living in the tower.

"But you aren't a witch Agatha." Agatha was a woman who knew a lot more than her times. People accused her of being a witch because of her knowledge. Even so she braved through it all.

"It is sweet knowing you understand the truth. But even so, my want for a companion led us to this mess."

"It wasn't your fault. If anything I am glad to have met you. You have protected me all my life and acted as my parent. You are my mother." you say grasping her hands.

"As you are my daughter." Agatha taught you many things as eventually when you became of age you would be allowed back into society safely. Of things she taught was to not hate your family. You never hated them but you never loved them either. Living in the tower protected you from prying eyes but it was boring. To pass time by you kept your hair long. So long it touched your feet. Years passed and you were eighteen. Agatha had told you, you had a twin brother and you were curious as how they were doing.

Lucas had join the Order of Knights when he fourteen after saving the king's son by accident. By doing so he was presented with the opportunity to raise his social status. By joining the Order of Knights, he managed to befriend the king's son, Carter.

Before Lucas left his parents had told him about his sister who was raised by a witch in the village who took her away. They had told him they would like him to find her. Lucas believed since then that his sister was forcibly stolen from their family and that the witch kidnapped her and fled and vowed to deliver justice.

Carter learned about Lucas' vendetta and supported him fully. As they grew older, Carter became more and more invested in this woman hasn't been seen in years. Lucas was a fine looking man. Perhaps his sister would be too. Just then rumors circulated. Lucas was in another city at the time dealing with some riots. There were rumors about a singing maiden in the forest spotted in a tower with no doors.

This peaked Carter's interest. Perhaps the maiden in the tower was his friend's long lost sister.