2. We Meet Again

Yo's dad arranged for two chauffeurs to help pack Yo's things into a van and take him to school. His dad, Mr. Panitchayasawad, was going to be leaving for a business trip and also had to pack, so he would not be able to see Yo off to school. But Yo was used to this. His dad traveled off and on throughout the year all the time, but it didn't stop him from being involved in Yo's life.

When the chauffeur entered the campus, Yo could not contain the excitement he felt. He was finally here; his dream school. He was excited because he would finally have his own apartment and feel independent. His dad was always so overprotective of him and at times it could make Yo feel claustrophobic. But he knew his dad was only doing it out of love and protection of his only child.

There was only one box left in the van and Yo decided to carry that one up himself. He knew his father had probably told the moving men not to allow him to carry anything, but he didn't care. After all, it was his stuff. He could carry it if he wanted to.

"Master Yo, let me carry that for you." One of the men called out to him as he approached the van again.

"It's okay, I can carry it. This is the last box." Yo said, turning back to the empty truck.

"Are you sure, Master Yo?"

"I'm sure. Thank you."

The man bowed then closed the back doors to the van. "Please remember to call your father when you are all settled in."

Yo agreed but rolled his eyes. Can't I at least enjoy my first day at university before reporting to my father?

Yo walked into the dorm and headed for the elevators. He only had to wait a few moments before he heard the loud ding of the arriving elevator. The doors opened to reveal his best friend Ming.

"Ai'Yo! I was just coming to see if you needed any help. Are you all finished?" Ming asks happily.

"This is the last of my things." Yo replies as they both head up to Yo's floor.

"Good because I'm hungry. Moving took a lot longer than I expected.

"You barely brought anything to school with you, how could it take a long time?"

Ming began acting like he was examining the high corners of the elevator and did not answer Yo's question.

"Don't tell me...it's because of Pang?" Yo asked hesitantly. Ming looks at him and all his confidence fades a bit.

"She's such a cold woman!" Yo scolds him angrily.

"Don't start that again!" Ming shouts.

"You have not been happy with her since I can remember. Why do remain in a relationship with her?"

"Because she's my girlfriend. It's my job to keep her happy."

"Yea, but at your expense." Yo shakes his head in exasperation and turns to face the door stiffly. The elevator dings again as it arrives at the correct floor and Yo walks off quickly. Ming jogs to catch up with him.

"Pang is already upset with me. I don't need you to be upset with me too."

Yo sighs as he pulls his keys out his pocket to open his door. "Fine. But I think it's about time you start thinking about your happiness too."

They both walk in and Yo sets down the box, then sprawls over his bed to relax.

"Hey, I thought we were going to get something to eat." Ming pouts.