36. The Best Night Ever (part 2)

Yo was feeling a mixture of things. He was embarrassed to be walking around with such a huge bear because everywhere he went, people would stare. But he was also feeling extremely giddy that Phana had won him the bear and presented it to him without fear of all the people looking at them. Lastly, he felt proud that he was spending the entire evening with a guy that was actually...cool. The expressions on everyone in the crowds' faces were priceless. He knew they wished they could talk to Phana but Phana belonged to him for the night.

"Why are you smiling?" He heard Phana ask. Yo hadn't even realized he was. How long had he been smiling and walking while not saying anything?

"I'm not smiling." He tried to hide his embarrassment and Phana smirked.

"You were definitely smiling."

"I wasn't!"

"Okay, okay, you weren't." Phana turned his face away to hide his grin. "But you definitely were." He mumbled.

Yo reached out and gave Phana's shoulder a light punch and Phana laughed as he tried to dodge out of the way.

"What would you like to do next?"

Yo looked around at all the stalls and games that surrounded them. His eyes trailed up, scanning the tops of vendor booths and tall rides, when his eyes landed on the ferris wheel.

"There." He pointed. "I want to get on that."

Phana followed where his arm was pointing and began to nod his head.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights."

"I'm not afraid of anything." Yo said haughtily and marched off in the direction of the ferris wheel.

~~~

On the ride, they had to strap the giant bear in the seat with them since it was so big

On the ride, they had to strap the giant bear in the seat with them since it was so big. And since Phana had won the bear for him, he didn't want to risk leaving it by the gate and having someone walk away with it. Phana had won him this bear and he was going to keep it forever.

The ride was a slow one, but it was so cool to be able to look out over the entire carnival and just watch the lights, seeing the people shrink smaller and smaller the higher up they went. The higher they went, the more the smells in the air would change as well. One moment it smelled like grilled meat, the next moment it smelled like popcorn, and the very next it smelled sweet like cotton candy. All of it was so beautiful, all Yo could do was sigh in contentment.

"You like it up here?" Phana asked quietly.

Yo nodded. "Isn't it beautiful? Just look at all the lights."

Phana watched Yo as he stared out over the carnival. After a few moments, he looked out too and indeed it was beautiful. But not as beautiful as his lovely Wayo sitting next to him. He turned back to face him. He didn't realize how long he had been staring until Yo spoke again.