32. Payback

Yo ran out of his room, letting the door slam and sprinted to the floor Ming was on. He was running so fast he actually slid past Ming's door and almost crashed to the floor. He caught his balance before banging obnoxiously loud on the door.

"Ming! It's me, Yo. Open, open, open!" He hammered away.

The door to the room swung open. Ming was giving Yo a disapproving look for being so loud but Yo was so excited he didn't see it. He barged his way in the room, almost knocking Ming down in the process.

"What the heck is the matter with you?" Ming asked in surprise.

"It's P'Pha."

Ming grinned. "When is the wedding?"

"Be serious!" Yo smacked his shoulder.

Ming laughed at him and walked back into his room and flopped over his bed. Yo sat in the chair over by Ming's desk, turning to face him.

"It happened." Yo breathed.

"What happened?" Ming frowned. Then he sat up suddenly, tossing the pillow to the side. "Don't tell me you have broken your yolk already!"

"Ai'Ming! Watch your mouth." Yo yelled at him. "I'm not some whore."

"You mean you're still pure?"

"Of course I am, you asshole."

"Then what's the big news?" Ming asked, getting comfortable on the bed again.

"P'Pha. He confessed to me."

"But he already confessed to you. That's why you're not talking to him."

Yo shook his head vehemently. "No, I mean he really confessed to me this time. He was waiting for me outside my door until I got back from lunch with P'Jin."

Ming scowled and tossed his head. "Are you still entertaining that loser?"

"Ai'Ming." Yo's tone carried a note of warning. "He's not a loser. And no...I'm not entertaining him. I told him the truth. Well sort of...he kind of already knew."

"So what happened then?"

Yo began to smile as he looked off out the window and sighed dreamily. "It was everything I wanted it to be."

*Yo's flashback (a dramatization)*

Yo sighed heavily as he walked down the hall with his head hanging down. He already had his keys in his hand so he wouldn't waste any time getting into his apartment and showering so he can relax. He looked up and was startled to see Phana sitting in front of his door. He dropped his keys dramatically.

"P'Pha." Yo said in surprise.

"Let me get those for you baby Yo." Phana said, standing to his feet in a hurry and rushing to pick up the keys. "Here you are, my sweet."

But Yo maneuvered around him and waltzed over to his door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have come to ask for your forgiveness." Phana answered whimsically.

"I told you I never wanted to see you again."

"Please don't say that, my darling." Phana cooed, reaching out to stroke Yo's cheek. Yo rested his face in Phana's palm savoring the touch. Then almost as if he remembered that he was mad at him, he broke away from his stroke and turned his back to him.

"You have broken my heart P'Phana. I shall never speak to you again!" Yo threw his arm up and rested the back of his hand over his forehead dramatically. "I'll never forgive you."

Phana reached out and turned Yo back to face him, dropping to his knees. "But I am in love with you my Yo!"

Yo gasped, clutching his chest.

"It's true, I love you!" Phana exclaimed getting back his feet and wrapping one arm around Yo's waste bringing him closer. He brought up his other hand and gently cupped it around Yo's neck. "I will do whatever it takes to have you. Just say you love me too, dear Yo."

"Oh, Phana."

"Oh, Wayo."

Phana leaned down for a gentle kiss and Yo closed his eyes and puckered his lips in expectation.

"Be serious, Ai'Yo. You expect me to believe that??" Ming's voice brought him out of his dramatic thoughts.

*End of flashback*

Yo looked over at Ming with a sheepish grin on his face. "I guess not...but how cool would it be if it happened that way?"

Ming rolled his eyes.

"But he really did confess to me. And he told me that he was going to chase me."

Ming began to smile. "So what did you say to him?"

At this question, Yo began to blush. "I was too embarrassed to say anything. I never thought he would ever say those words to me." He began to replay the scenario in his head. "Ugh, I probably looked like an idiot standing there with my mouth open staring at him."

"This is great, Ai'Yo. You finally have your P'Pha."

"I should give him a hard time. He deserves it." Yo said, folding his arms and fixing his face into a pout.

"I can agree with you on that. But don't ruin something good while it's staring you in the face. P'Pha has confessed to you and this is something you have wanted since grade nine...but making him suffer for a day or two won't hurt." Ming grinned wickedly and Yo grinned back.

"What should I do?"

Ming frowned as he thought hard on the question.

"I'm not sure. I've never had to pretend that I don't like someone when I really do before." He said, tapping his chin.

"You could pretend that you don't see him when we walk past him on campus...or...reject him the next time he buys you pink milk..."

"But I like pink milk."

Ming sucked his teeth in frustration. "I know that, but do you want to make him suffer or not?"

Yo gave an enthusiastic nod of his head.

"Then reject the pink milk!" Ming began to think some more. "Hmmm...you could always make him be your servant instead."

Yo thought about the idea and began to smile. "I could never do that...but that would be awesome. P'Pha as my servant." Yo sighed.

"You never know. As much as he wants to win you over right now, he just might do whatever you ask."

Yo looked off out the window again.

Should I...?