34. The Lunch Date: Take 2

It was Friday afternoon and there were no classes for the day. It was a national holiday so naturally there was no school. Yo would have been spending the day with Ming like he always does when there is no school, but Ming was away on some kind of trip that he won from a competition. Yo knew that the main reason Ming had won the competition was because he was this year's campus Moon. But he couldn't help but feel that Ming had something else going on. Ever since the break up with Pang, he would sometimes be very secretive, like when he wouldn't let Yo see who he was texting when Yo caught him smiling at his phone. Yo knew that Ming had taken the breakup pretty hard so he was going to just give him time and let him tell him who this new person in his life was when he was ready.

The weather was surprisingly cooler today than it had been all week which Yo was grateful for. Since the library was pretty far from his dorm, he usually ended up sweating so much it showed through his shirt, but since it was much cooler today, he stayed dry and was happy to not be wearing his school uniform.

He had been studying at the library all morning but his concentration on his work kept faltering because he couldn't stop thinking about Phana and the roses. His deal with Ming was that he was going to give Phana a hard time because of what he did, but he hadn't seen Phana in person since the night he told Yo that he was going to chase him.

"I'm going to chase you, Wayo. And I won't stop until I win your heart."

Those words would repeat in his head over and over again as if on a broken record. There was still a small part of Yo that couldn't believe that Phana was actually interested in him. But why would he go through all this trouble if he wasn't? And yesterday, Phana was still trying to prove himself. On Wednesday, after the Fairy Angels had brought him the peach rose with the note, he thought that was it. But last night when he got back to his dorm, he was met with another rose taped to his door with a note attached and a small bag hooked onto his doorknob.

This time the rose was white; just like at the Moon & Star pageant. Yo was so excited that he didn't bother trying to be neat when ripping open the note attached to the rose.

White. The color of purity, charm, and new beginnings. I originally gave you this color rose to wish you luck at the Moon & Star pageant but I was heartbroken after your performance so I never owned up to it. This rose symbolizes the fresh start between us and how I will not allow my fears to taint how I feel for you. From now on, my love will always remain pure for you.

Wayo, you will always be the best for me.

Phana

Yo grinned as he squealed and clutched the note to his chest, completely crushing it. He rested his back on his door and slid down to the ground. Phana was truly going for it! He really was serious about winning Yo's heart. Yo ended up knocking his head against the small bag hooked onto his doorknob and he quickly snatched that off too. He opened the bag and found some of his favorite little candies inside. He was still amazed that Phana knew what his favorites were.

Yo stared off into space at his empty library table and sighed happily. He was brought out of his thoughts when his stomach started rumbling. He checked his watch and saw that it was almost 1:30. It was a good time to stop and get some lunch so he packed up his things and left.

He was walking down the library steps and was about to cross the street when he heard the only voice that could send his stomach into a fit of butterflies.

"Hey, shorty."

Yo looked over and saw Phana leaning against his car with his arms crossed. The sun was shining perfectly on his face, causing him to squint a little. The light breeze tousled his hair a bit and with his sleeves rolled up to the elbow, he looked every bit like a model. Yo took a deep breath to steady his rapidly beating heart.