11. Preparations (part 2)

When it was Wayo and Nate's turn to film their portion of their introductions, everything went fairly smoothly. Wayo only stumbled over his lines once, and Nate seemed like a natural in front of the camera. It was the individual videos that had Yo stuttering and forgetting everything he wanted to say. It didn't help that absolutely everyone was watching him, including Phana who was wearing that unreadable expression on his face again.

P'Ging hurried over to Yo. "What's wrong, Nong?"

"I'm nervous, P'Ging. Everyone is looking at me." Yo whispered. Ging looked around and sure enough, all eyes were on Yo with the exception of a few people who were still getting their hair and makeup touched up.

"It's okay. Everyone has to go through it. Just be yourself. You're most genuine when you're laughing and not worrying about the people around you."

"That's because you and the other P's were distracting me. You made me laugh." Yo said while ringing his hands together. What if he stuttered so badly he destroyed his chances of becoming the Campus Moon?

P'Ging turned to face Yo and rested his hands on his shoulders. "Just block them out. It's okay to be nervous, but you can't let it consume you, okay?"

Yo nodded reluctantly. He knew Ging was right. Ging patted his face then walked off to stand behind the camera man next to Nate who was already grinning at him. Yo smiled shyly.

"Okay, we're already rolling." The camera man announced.

"You got this, Nong! Su su!" P'Ging called out. Yo smiled and shook his head, trying to hide his blush.

"Sawatdii Krap," He waiied to the camera. "My name is Wayo Panitchayasawad from the faculty of science."

"Whoooo! Let's go Nong'Yoooo!" P'Ging screamed in the background. Yo burst into a fit of giggles and hid his face.

The camera man gave an annoyed look at P'Ging then turned back to Yo. "Keep going."

"I am eighteen years old and I am happy to be the moon representative for all the science majors out there."

"Wa-yo! Wa-yo! Wa-yo!" P'Ging kept going. Nate and a couple of other seniors even joined in with him, thinking it was hilarious. Yo looked at them with wide eyes and gave them a look. A couple of the girls on the side began to giggle.

"He's so adorable." One whispered to the other.

The camera man gave Yo the 'keep rolling' sign with his hands and Yo began to falter.

"Ahhh...what should I say?" He covered his face again then ran his hands over his hair.

"You're messing up your hair!" One of the hair stylist cried out and ran onto the set to fix his hair. Yo stuck his hands in his pocket while she loaded his hair with hair spray and plucked at his bangs with her comb. Yo scanned all the many eyes on him and found Ming in the crowd. He was smiling and shaking his head. Yo stuck his tongue out at him and closed his eyes while the stylist finished.

The camera man was completely frustrated by now. "Keep going!" He said raising his voice. The stylist ran off and Yo turned slowly back to the camera. He gave a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry, I'm nervous."

P'Ging, Nate, and the other seniors were all behind the camera man dancing and wriggling and giving him the thumbs up.

Yo smiled again and continued. "I promise to do my best as the moon of your university. Please take care of me."

Yo looked around. Was he supposed to say more? He looked at P'Ging.