38. Awkward (Phana's chapter)

Phana was walking with Kit and Beam and Beam was hopping around in front of them like an excited child as they walked toward the canteen.

"Pha-na and Wa-yo sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He sang out loud. Phana rolled his eyes.

"Give it a rest, Beam!" Kit scolded him. "We knew this was coming."

But that was the wrong thing to say as Beam stopped skipping briefly when his eyes landed on Kit.

"You're right, Ai'Kit. We did know this was coming. But what we didn't know was coming is...Kit and Ming sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He began to skip and hop along again and Phana couldn't help but laugh.

"Oi! You are such a child, Ai'Beam." Kit groaned.

Beam laughed heartily as he turned around in order to skip backwards while he taunted Kit. It wasn't long before he ran into someone, stomping on their foot.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" He said hurriedly and immediately he froze upon seeing who it was.

"You might want to turn around. I don't think walking backwards is good for your safety...or mine." The guy said, bending down to brush the dust off his shoe.

Beam opened and closed his mouth a couple times, unable to say anything. A wicked grin became plastered on Kit's face and he strolled up to stand next to Beam. There was no way he was going to pass up an opportunity to tease Beam when the guy with the engineering jersey was standing right in front of them. This was going to be funny.

"Why, Ai'Beam. Don't you have anything you would like to say?" Kit mocked.

"Yea, Ai'Beam. Don't you see who's standing in front of you?" Phana couldn't help himself from joining in.

"Why, I would even say it's the man of your dr- Ow!" Kit was cut short when Beam snapped out of his trance and elbowed him in the ribs with all his might.

"I'm sorry, Ai'Forth. I didn't see you." Beam rushed as he waiied to him.

Forth brushed it off. "Tell that to my toe. I think it's broken."

"Broken!?" Beam screeched.

"Relax. I'm kidding."

But Beam couldn't tell. Forth was always so straight-faced. Beam gulped, trying to come back with another apology but Forth turned his attention away.

"Ai'Pha, what's been going on with you?" He asked.

"Me? What do you mean?"

"Aw, come one. It's no use trying to hide it anymore. Everyone has seen the pictures already."

"Pictures? What are you talking about Ai'Forth?"

The breeze blew at that moment, causing Forth's hair to blow in the wind and his jersey to fly open. Beam gulped again as he stared at Forth's naturally tanned skin and jet-black hair. He had been the campus Moon runner up, losing only to Phana. But in Beam's eyes, he deserved every chance to win. If Phana was a prince then Forth was a king, and he carried himself like one too. So stoic. So serious. So handsome!

"There is a picture of you with that kid, the Faculty of Science Moon. Didn't you post it yourself?"

"I haven't posted anything."

Forth looked a little bewildered and Beam was surprised that Forth was even able to make any other facial expression beside serious.

"Well, I'm not sure who posted it then. But there are a lot of comments about it."